Fraser at 12 Bar Club London, 4 July 2012
|Born||Robert Hugh Fraser
April 21, 1980
|Known for||The Pirate Queen
The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall
Hadley Fraser (born Robert Hugh Fraser on 21 April 1980) is an English stage actor. He made his critically acclaimed West End debut as Marius in Les Misérables. He also originated the role of Tiernan in the Broadway show The Pirate Queen.
Life and career
Hadley is the son of Jack and Carol Fraser, and brother of Ed Fraser, an officer in the British Army. He holds a BA from Birmingham University and a Postgraduate Diploma from the Royal Academy of Music. In 2011 he was made an Associate of the Royal Academy of Music, or ARAM.
His West End and other British credits include Les Misérables as Marius, Grantaire, and Javert, Assassins, Longitude (Greenwich), The Far Pavilions, Putting It Together (Harrogate Theatres), The Shaughraun, and Pacific Overtures, Frederic in The Pirates of Penzance (Savoy Theatre, 2004), Peter Pan (Savoy Theatre), Little Shop of Horrors (Royal & Derngate). He played Gareth in the Doctor Who episode "Army of Ghosts" (2006). As a vocalist he can be heard on Scott Alan's releases Keys and Scott Alan LIVE.
In 2009, Hadley played the supporting role of Reed in The Fresh Beat Band season 1. (In season 2, Reed was played by Patrick Levis.) In May 2010, he returned to the West End to play the role of El Gallo in The Fantasticks.
On June 23, 2011, Hadley returned to Les Misérables, this time to play the role of Javert. He received critical acclaim for the role and remained with the show until June 2012.
On October 1 and 2, 2011, Hadley played Raoul in the 25th Anniversary staging of The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall in London. He costarred alongside Ramin Karimloo and Sierra Boggess, who played the Phantom and Christine respectively. Fraser also costarred with Karimloo in the 25th Anniversary concert of Les Misérables. Hadley has written music for a band called "Sheytoons" with Ramin, including "Heading West" and "Driftwood."
Hadley appeared in the film adaptation of Les Misérables, as the Army General of the National Guard.
In October 2013, he became engaged to actress Rosalie Craig.
In December 2013, he played Tullus Aufidius in Donmar Warehouse's adaptation of Shakespeare's tragedy, Coriolanus, alongside Tom Hiddleston as Caius Martius Coriolanus.
- 2006: Doctor Who as Gareth (TV series)
- 2010: The Lost Tribe as Chris
- 2009-2010: The Fresh Beat Band as Reed (13 episodes - TV series)
- 2010: Les Misérables in Concert: The 25th Anniversary as Grantaire
- 2011: Convincing Clooney as Chris
- 2011: The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall as Raoul
- 2011: "Shackled" as Jesse (short film)
- 2012: Les Misérables as National Guardsman
- 2013: "Coriolanus" (National Theater Live) as Aufidius
- Official site updated June 2012
- Hadley Fraser at the Internet Broadway Database
- Hadley Fraser at the Internet Movie Database
- Fresh Face: Hadley Fraser