Fraser at 12 Bar Club London, 4 July 2012
|Born||Robert Hugh Fraser
April 21, 1980
|Known for||The Pirate Queen
The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall
Hadley Fraser (born Robert Hugh Fraser; 21 April 1980) is an English stage actor. He made his critically acclaimed West End debut as Marius in Les Misérables. He also originated the role of Tiernan in the Broadway show The Pirate Queen.
Life and career
Fraser is the son of Jack and Carol Fraser, and brother of Ed Fraser, an officer in the British Army. He holds a BA from Birmingham University and a Postgraduate Diploma from the Royal Academy of Music. In 2011 he was made an Associate of the Royal Academy of Music, or ARAM.
His West End and other British credits include Les Misérables as Marius, Grantaire, and Javert, Assassins, The Far Pavilions, The Shaughraun, and Pacific Overtures. He played Gareth in the Doctor Who episode "Army of Ghosts" (2006). As a vocalist he can be heard on Scott Alan's releases Keys and Scott Alan LIVE.
In 2009, Fraser played the supporting role of Reed in The Fresh Beat Band season 1. (In season 2, Reed was played by Patrick Levis.) In May 2010, he returned to the West End to play the role of El Gallo in The Fantasticks.
On June 23, 2011, Fraser returned to Les Misérables, this time to play the role of Javert. He received critical acclaim for the role and remained with the show until June 2012.
On October 1 and 2, 2011, Fraser played Raoul in the 25th Anniversary staging of The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall in London. He costarred alongside Ramin Karimloo and Sierra Boggess, who played the Phantom and Christine respectively. Fraser also costarred with Karimloo in the 25th Anniversary concert of Les Misérables. Fraser has written music for a band called "Sheytoons" with Karimloo.
Fraser appeared in the film adaptation of Les Misérables, as the Army General of the National Guard. His next project is playing Tullus Aufidius in the Donmar Warehouse's production of Coriolanus, opposite Tom Hiddleston as the titular character.
In October 2013, he became engaged to actress Rosalie Craig.
- 2006: Doctor Who as Gareth (TV series)
- 2010: The Lost Tribe as Chris
- 2009-2010: The Fresh Beat Band as Reed (13 episodes - TV series)
- 2010: Les Misérables in Concert: The 25th Anniversary as Grantaire
- 2011: Convincing Clooney as Chris
- 2011: The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall as Raoul
- 2011: "Shackled" as Jesse (short film)
- 2012: Les Misérables as National Guardsman
- Official site updated June 2012
- Hadley Fraser at the Internet Broadway Database
- Hadley Fraser at the Internet Movie Database
- Fresh Face: Hadley Fraser