|The Hematology Journal|
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Edited by||Jan Cools|
Ferrata Storti Foundation and European Hematology Association (Italy)
|1920 - present|
|Open access journal|
Haematologica (Pavia, Italy) is a monthly, open access, peer reviewed, scientific journal, jointly published by the Ferrata Storti Foundation and the European Hematology Association The Editor in Chief is Jan Cools (Leuven, Belgium). The focus of Haematologica is all topics related to experimental and clinical hematology, which results in a multidisciplinary scope. The National Library of Medicine ID number (NLM ID) is 0417435.
Hematology is the study of blood. According to the Wikipedia article, the study of Hematology encompasses internal medicine, physiology, pathology, clinical laboratory work and pediatrics that is concerned with the study of blood, the blood-forming organs, and blood diseases.
Haematologica is the official publication for the following societies:
- European Hematology Association (EHA)
- European Association for Haematopathology (EAHP)
- Italian Society of Hematology (SIE)
- Spanish Society of Hematology and Hemotherapy (SEHH)
- Spanish Society of Thrombosis and Hemostasis (SETH)
- Italian Society of Experimental Hematology (SIES)
Founding and merger
Peer review policy
The peer review policy of Haematologic is for all submitted manuscripts to be critically assessed by either external or in-house experts. The peer review process (policy) is in accordance with the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE).
Abstracting and indexing
With a 2013 impact factor of 5.868, from Journal Citation Reports, Haematologica ranked 5th out of 68 journals in the "Hematology" category and it is also indexed in the following databases:
- Science Citation Index
- Current Contents - Clinical Medicine
- Current Contents - Life Sciences
- BIOSIS Previews
- "About the journal". Brief description and relationship to various societies. Ferrata Storti Foundation. September 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-03.
- Turgeon, Mary Louise (December 2004). Clinical Hematology: Theory and Procedures / Edition 4. (Text book) (link is for Google books): Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. pp. 2 (Chap. 1). ISBN 978-0-7817-5007-3.
- "Policies and Practices". Ethical considerations in the conduct and reporting of research. Ferrata Storti Foundation. September 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-03.
- "Master Journal List search". List of databases which index this journal. Thomson Reuters. September 2010.