|Born||February 13, 1951|
|Institutions||University of Oxford|
|Alma mater||The King's School, Chester,
University of Oxford,
|Known for||Nanopore sequencing|
|Notable awards||Fellow of the Royal Society|
John Hagan Pryce Bayley FRS (born 13 February 1951) is a British Professor of Chemical Biology at the University of Oxford. Bayley's research is largely based on the study and engineering of transmembrane pore-forming proteins, as well as interests in chemical signal transduction and biomolecular materials. He is the co-founder of Oxford Nanopore Technologies Ltd. and his work on the pore-forming protein alpha hemolysin engineered for sensing has been highly cited. Having studied at Oxford as an undergraduate and Harvard University for his PhD, Bayley worked at MIT, Columbia University, and Texas A&M University. Bayley has been based at Oxford since 2003 and is a fellow of Hertford College, Oxford.
- http://royalsociety.org/people/hagan-bayley/ Hagan Bayley at the Royal Society
- Bayley, Hagan Profile at Who's Who 2010 (requires institutional login)
- http://bayley.chem.ox.ac.uk/ Bayley group at the University of Oxford
- http://research.chem.ox.ac.uk/hagan-bayley.aspx Hagan Bayley Research page
- Howorka, S.; Cheley, S.; Bayley, H. (2001). "Sequence-specific detection of individual DNA strands using engineered nanopores". Nature Biotechnology 19 (7): 636–639. doi:10.1038/90236. PMID 11433274.
- Bayley, Hagan Profile at the University of Oxford
- http://www.nanoporetech.com/press_releases/detail/106 Professor Hagan Bayley named entrepreneur of the year by the Royal Society of Chemistry
- Song, L.; Hobaugh, M. R.; Shustak, C.; Cheley, S.; Bayley, H.; Gouaux, J. E. (1996). "Structure of Staphylococcal alpha -Hemolysin, a Heptameric Transmembrane Pore". Science 274 (5294): 1859–1865. doi:10.1126/science.274.5294.1859. PMID 8943190.
- http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=hagan+bayley Hagan Bayley's publications in Google Scholar
- Bayley, H.; Cremer, P. S. (2001). "Stochastic sensors inspired by biology". Nature 413 (6852): 226–230. doi:10.1038/35093038. PMID 11557992.
- Bayley, Hagan Profile at Hertford College
|This article about a British chemist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|