Haggard at Global East Rock Festival 2010
|Origin||Munich, Bavaria, Germany|
|Genres||Neo-classical metal, symphonic metal, doom metal, death metal|
Haggard was founded in 1991 and originally played death metal. They changed their musical style after their first demo tape, Introduction in 1992, becoming a band with symphonic melodies and classical instruments but folk themes. The album And Thou Shalt Trust... the Seer marked their breakthrough in 1997. After their second album Awaking the Centuries (the life of the prophet Nostradamus), they toured through Mexico twice. In 2004, they released their third album Eppur Si Muove which is about the life of Italian scholar, Galileo Galilei, sentenced to house arrest for heresy by the Catholic Church for supporting Copernicus' claim that the Earth revolved around the sun.
The fourth album, Tales of Ithiria, was released in 2008 and is based on a fantasy story.
The next album will be about the tales of the brothers Grimm.
|1997||And Thou Shalt Trust... the Seer||—||—|
|2000||Awaking the Centuries||64||—|
|2004||Eppur Si Muove||47||—|
|2008||Tales of Ithiria||37||89|
DVD's and videos
- Asis Nasseri – vocals, guitar (1991–present)
- Susanne Ehlers – soprano vocals
- Veronika Kramheller – soprano vocals
- Giacomo Astorri - bass
- Fiffi Fuhrmann – tenor vocals, bass
- Jonathan Whynot - guitar
- Michael Stapf - violin
- Ivica Kramheller – double bass
- Andreas Fuchs – French horn, flute, percussion, drums
- Steffi Hertz – viola
- Johannes Schleiermacher – violoncello (cello)
- Patrizia Krug - violoncello (cello)
- Claudio Quarta – guitar
- Hans Wolf – piano, keyboards
- Ingrid Nietzer - piano, keyboards
- Luz Marsen – drums, percussion (1991–present)
- Michael Schumm - percussion
- Florian Bartl – oboe, english horn
- Judith Marschall – violin
- Doro – violin
- Mark Pendry – clarinet
- Sasema – vocals
- Gaby Koss – soprano vocals
- Robert Müller – clarinet
- Christoph Zastrow – flute
- Danny Klupp – guitar
- Kathrin Pechlof – harp
- Karin Bodemüller – vocals
- Florian Schnellinger – percussion
- Andi Nad – bass
- Robin Fischer – bass
- Andi Hemberger – vocals
- Kathrin Hertz – cello
- Andreas Peschke – flute
- Manuela Kraller - soprano vocals
In addition to the 16 band members, more than 10 guest artists and musicians were involved in the making of the album, Eppur Si Muove.
- True, Chris. "Haggard Biography". Allmusic. Retrieved 2011-04-04.
- "Chartverfolgung / Haggard / Longplay". musicline.de (in German). PHONONET GmbH. Retrieved 2011-04-01.
- "Discographie Alben - Studio". hitparade.ch (in German). Hung Medien. Retrieved 2011-04-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Haggard.|