Hải Dương Province
|Hai Duong Province
Tỉnh Hải Dương
|— Province —|
|Region||Red River Delta|
|• People's Council Chair||Bùi Thanh Quyến|
|• People's Committee Chair|
|• Total||1,648.4 km2 (636.5 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,000/km2 ( 2,700/sq mi)|
|• Ethnicities||Vietnamese, Hoa, Sán Dìu, Mường|
|Time zone||ICT (UTC+7)|
|ISO 3166 code||VN-61|
Hải Dương ( listen) is a province in the Red River Delta of northern Vietnam. Its name derives from Sino-Vietnamese 海陽, meaning "ocean", though in fact, the province is landlocked. Nowadays, Hai Duong is among the most industrialized and developed provinces in Vietnam.
Geography of Hai Duong
The province is located in the Red River Delta of northeastern Vietnam, about mid-distance from Hanoi to Hai Phong. Two famous pagodas, Con Son and Kiep Bac, are situated in this province. The province is known for its famous lychees and for the traditional sweet bánh đậu xanh (mung bean paste).
- Hai Duong is located in the center of North Vietnam. The natural area of the province is 1,661.2 km2, ranked 51st of the total area. Hai Duong province borders six provinces: Bac Ninh, Bac Giang, Quang Ninh in the north, Hung Yen in the west, Hai Phong in the East, Thai Binh in the south.
- There are important roads, railways running through the province such as the Highways No. 5, No. 18, No. 183 and No. 37.
- Hai Duong province has one city under province and 11 districts. Hai Duong city is the center of the province and the others districts, Cam Giang, Binh Giang, Thanh Mien, Ninh Giang, Gia Loc, Tu Ky, Thanh Ha, Kim Thanh, Kinh Mon, Nam Sach and Chi Linh, surround it.
- Hai Duong lies in the tropical moonsoon climate with typical cold winter, potential heat and high humidity. Two types of wind mainly come from the South East and the North East. The Climate is divided into 4 distinct seasons. From early February to early April, the spray and rain after a period of transition from dry season to rainy season. Rainy season lasts from April to October.
- The annual average rainfall is 1300 to 1700 mm.
- The average temperature 23.3 °C.
- Hours of sunshine in the year is 1524 hours.
- Relative humidity averaged is 85 - 87%.
- Over the last 20 years, Hai Duong province has been experiencing a big change in its demographics. During this period, the rate of fertility decreases dramatically from a high rate at 6.7% to 2.14% in 2000-2008, the same pattern is found with the rate of mortality. This is a result of the success of the family planning program and the improvement of the health care system of Hai Duong province as well as the innovations in medicine. In addition, life expectancy also increases overtime. These changes in demographics in Hai Duong province take place at a speed that is much more quicker than the world average rate or many other Asian.
- The number of persons aged 60 years or older in Hai Duong province is estimated to be 600.000 in 2010. This number is projected to grow to nearly 800.000 by 2050, at which time it will be as large as the population of children (0–14 years). This historic crossover of an increasing share of older persons and a declining share of children will mark the first time that the number of children and older persons are the same.
- There are many ethnic groups of which the Kinh (majority of Vietnamese) make up 90% of the population. Major religions helping fulfill the spiritual needs of the Vietnamese include Buddhism, Catholic and Protestant churches, Confucianism, Cao Dai and Hoa Hao faiths. With that being said, ancestor worship is probably their predominant “religion,” although they may not realize it.
- Hai Duong is located in the Red River Delta where originated from civilization of Red River. Hai Duong has had many changes in names throughouts history.It was a part of Duong Tuyen (in the period of King Hung), Giao Chi and Giao Chau ( in the 1st millennium); Nam Sach Lo, Hong Lo (under period of Ly and Tran dynasty); Hong Chau, Nam Sach (in the 16th century); Thua Tuyen, *Hai Duong (in the 10th year of Quang Thuan King).
- Hai Duong province was established in 1831 and was first called “ Thanh Dong” ( East Province) which mean “ the city to the east of Thang Long citadel”.
- In the early 20th century, the patriotic movement was expanded in Hai Duong.
- In 1930s, Hai Duong people carried out two resistance wars against French imperial and American emperor and then won victories.
- In 1968, Hai Duong was merged to Hung Yen to become Hai Hung province.
- In January 1997, Hai Hung was separated into Hai Duong and Hung Yen.
- In August 1997, The Government decided to upgrade Hai Duong from town to city. Since 1997, Hai Duong has had 11 districts and a city./.
Nowadays, Hai Duong is among the most industrialized and developed provinces in Vietnam. It is also one of the country's three most foreign investment attracting provinces (along with Ho Chi Minh City and Binh Duong).
- Hai Duong province is located in the centre of the North Delta. Which has good conditions in transportation, Agriculture, industrial production; Hai Duong province has an important role in the social economic development of the country. Its natural land area and sources are favorable condition for developing economy. The number of over 800.000 of 1.7 million people at the working. In which over 500.000 are in agriculture industry. This is an advantage for the social economic developing of Hai Duong.
- In recent years, Hai Duong has pushed up developing agriculture and industrial production. Hai Duong called domestic and international invest in over 50 industrial areas in the whole province. There are foreign business partners came from Britain, Germany, France, Hong Kong … Beside Hai Duong develop agriculture in the direction of economic and industrialization and modernization.
- For the past years, Hai Duong has provided big cities such as: Ha Noi, Hai Phong and consumers throughout Viet Nam with special produces such as litchi or traditional special such as green bean cake.
- In recent years, Agriculture in Hai Duong develops quickly and steadily.
Population and new urban areas
- According to latest statistics of Haiduong Statistical Yearbook 2008, Hai Duong has area 1,651.8 km2. Population of the whole province are: 1,732,814 persons. Population density is 1,049 per/km2. Average population in 2007 by sex and by region:
- By sex: Male: 842,002 persons, Female: 890,812 persons
- By region: Urban: 279,850 persons, Rural: 1,452,964 persons
- The rate of population growth (percentage):
- Whole province: 9.60%
- Urban: 10.38%
- Rural: 9.50%
- Number of person at working age: 1,094,272 persons
New urban areas
- Present, Hai Duong City has two new urban areas. The first one is located in eastern Hai Duong, it has an area of 108 ha. It consists of two wards: Ngoc Chau and Hai Tan.
- The second is in western Hai Duong, it has an area of 433 ha. It is located in the territory of Thanh Binh ward and Tu Minh commune. Both of the two new urban areas are invested by Nam cuong Group in year 2002.
- Currently there are many families have lived here but the cost land and the cost of building the house is quite high in compare with living standard in Haiduong. The two new urban area extend the Haiduong city that is one of main reason make Haiduong city becomes the second level city on May 16, 2009.
Haiduong's education system is divided into 5 categories: pre-primary, primary, intermediate, secondary, and higher education.
- Kindergarten and kindergarten for children from 2 to 5 years old to form thinking for children. Create the habit, the day of this period (not all children must learn this level).
- Primary school level is also called the level, starting 6 years old. Level I consists of 5 levels, from grade 1 to grade 5. This is a grade school on, required for all students.
- Secondary level education: Level II includes 4 levels, from grade 6 to grade 9. Students must learn to school subjects: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry (grade 8.9), Biology, Technology, written language, History, Geography, Education Citizens, Foreign Language, Health, Parenting Music - Visual Arts.
In addition students have some information required such as: education outside the classroom on time, direction of education (grade 9), use of school ... To study the higher level students to participate in the examination enrollment.
- Level secondary school: Level III consists of 3 levels, from grade 10 to grade 12. To graduate level III, students must participate in the graduation exam secondary school of education and training.
Students want to study in schools-public school to attend an examination of birth. The exam is held every year, by the Department of Education and Training of the local lead. At this level, students also study subjects similar in grade middle school. However, students in secondary school also take a number of other activities as the business, vocational ...
In 2013, Tyler Capp travelled to the province to teach the peoples of Hai Duong english. He ended his teaching project in Bac Ninh successfully and went to Hai Duong where there is huge demand for him. Tyler works with Amanda Wannman, his girlfriend, to keep up with the huge demand for english studies. Tyler Capp is a famous writer, educator and world traveler.
At present Haiduong province educational include:
1 Department of Education and Training
12 Office of Education
13 Education centers throughout
12 Vocational Center
And under this place it be number of schools
|District (city)||Preschools||Elementary School||Junior High Schools||Secondary school||College||University|
|Hải Dương city||18||18||15||6||5||1|
- Public health is the science and art of preventing disease, increase life and health through the organized efforts of society. Public health is typically divided into epidemiology, biostatistics and health services. The problems which concern with environmental, social, behavioral and occupational health are also important subfields in public health.
- The main intervention of public health is to prevent disease. There are many activities about public health. Nowadays, injury accident is increasing and there are many people died, it has became one of problems of global public. As World Health Organization (WHO), with increasing nowadays, injury accident will be one of three main reason which make dead in the world by 2020. So, the preventing accident has been one of health problems which has the best prior of all the country. Vietnam is one of them, too. And Hai Duong is one of six provinces of Vietnam which is the first to construct Safe Public for Children.
- Safe Public for Children constructed at Duc Chinh village, Cam Giang district, Hai Duong province, Viet Nam. This Project of Safe Public for Children performed from 2004, the first, this only small intervention, experimental. But, after one year, the project has brought clearly result. The injury accident with children decreased clearly. The most of people in village understood truly about program of preventing accident for children and children known the injury accidents can cause whenever with their, if they do not know to prevent.
12 year ago (1997), nobody in Hai Duong Province believe that the agricultural products of Hai Duong Province after a few hours of being transported, could be ready for sale in Ha Noi. But nowadays, it only takes about one hour to go to Ha Noi from Hai Duong. This big change is due to remarkable contribution of the outstanding development in the traffic network.
- In fact, Transport in Hai Duong province develops very fast. During 5 years, the whole land transportation in Hai Duong was upgraded and improved with various project. In 1999, the National Road No5 connecting Ha Noi and Hai Phong was upgraded to the first-class.
- Today's, there are 649 km of roads under the central management including National Road No 5, 18, 183 and 37 that have been completely build or upgraded. These roads are favourable for travelling and goods transportation within the Hai Duong province. Furthermore,there are 11 provincial asphalt land routes 258 km of length as the whole, 27 land routes at district level with total of 352 km of length, of which 70% have been asphalt.
- Besides, Hai Duong has 10 waterways with nearly 300 km of length under the Central management and six ways with 140 km of length under local management. However, most of transport operationson those ways have not been planned yet.
- Hai Duong also has 70 km of railway (including 15 km of railways serving for Pha Lai company)
Media, culture, and entertainment
At present, Haiduong has one Provincial Newspaper, releasing three types of newspapers: Daily, Weekend and Monthly. Besides, there are some magazines published by Departments of the province on related fields. E-newspapers such as www.haiduong.gov.vn, www.truyenhinhhaiduong.com.vn has made it easier to get information of the province than ever before.
Haiduong Provincial People's Voice and Television Broadcasting Center is known as one of the most developed ones in the North region. Cable Networks has also been installed, providing customers with more than 40 international channels.
Haiduong is famous for being a “sacred land with pre-eminent people” with hundreds of well-known historical, cultural relics and scenic beauty areas such as Con Son – Kiep Bac, Nguyen Trai Temple, Chi Lang Nam Storks island... The province is also a place of many traditional handicraft villages with well-known products for centuries. Cultural Festivals are organized annually during Spring and Autumn, attract visitors all over the nation.
Haiduong has over 100 hotels, ranging from 2 stars to luxury 4 stars. Besides, there are a lot of motels and guest-houses of reasonable price and good service. Restaurants serving traditional food are found on almost every street in the city center. Visitors can also enjoy foreign cuisines in some special restaurants around Bach Dang Lake. International restaurants are getting more and the joice gets bigger. You will find Chinese, Korean, Japanese and Italian retaurants in town.
||Bac Ninh Province||Bac Giang Province||Quang Ninh Province|
|Hung Yen Province||Thai Binh Province||Hai Phong|