Hail to the Chimp
|Hail to the Chimp|
North American cover
|Publisher(s)||Gamecock Media Group|
|Engine||Unreal Engine 3|
|Release date(s)||June 24, 2008|
|Mode(s)||Single-player, multiplayer, online multiplayer|
|Distribution||Blu-ray Disc, DVD|
Hail to the Chimp is a video game developed by Wideload Games and published by Gamecock Media Group. The game was released on June 23, 2008 for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. It was later added to the PlayStation 3's online PlayStation Store in European and Australian markets on April 10, 2009. The title is a reference to the 1998 episode "Dumbbell Indemnity" of the animated television series The Simpsons.
In the game, up to four players compete as anthropomorphic animals in a variety of mini-games while vying for the role of "President of the Animal Kingdom". Released during a United States presidential election year, the game was billed as the "Presidential Party Game" and used campaign-style advertisements meant to blend in with the U.S. presidential campaign ads that were prevalent at the time.
Hail to the Chimp received mixed reviews from critics.
- Brudvig, Erik (2007-12-14). "Hail to the Chimp Hands-on". IGN. Retrieved 2008-04-05.
- "Hail to the Chimp - PS3". Gamerankings. Retrieved 2012-02-26.
- "Hail to the Chimp - X360". Gamerankings. Retrieved 2012-02-26.
- "Hail to the Chimp - PS3". Metacritic. Retrieved 2012-02-26.
- "Hail to the Chimp - X360". Metacritic. Retrieved 2012-02-26.
- Leone, Matt (2008-06-24). "Hail to the Chimp Xbox 360 Review". 1UP.com. Retrieved 2012-02-26.
- Watters, Chris (2008-07-08). "Hail to the Chimp Review". GameSpot. Retrieved 2012-02-26.
- Kim, Alan (2008-06-25). "Hail to the Chimp". GamesRadar. Retrieved 2012-02-26.
- "Hail to the Chimp Review". IGN. 2008-07-01. Retrieved 2012-02-26.
- Chapman, David (2008-07-02). "Hail to the Chimp Review". TeamXbox. Retrieved 2012-02-26.
|This party video game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|