March 7, 1995 |
Thousand Oaks, California, U.S.
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Dress size||34 EU/4 US|
|Shoe size||10.5 US/ K|
|Manager||NEXT Model Management - Los Angeles, New York, Paris, London, Milan|
Clauson was discovered on an open casting call in Los Angeles, of which Ford Models signed her on the spot, a "surreal" experience she recalled. Clauson started modeling at age 14, appearing in ad campaigns for Wild Fox Couture, Jag Jeans and in the Forever 21 catalog. Later in 2009 she left Ford Models and signed with Marilyn Agency. That same year she was featured Model of the Month in the October issue of Japanese Vogue. On September 2010 she made her catwalk debut at the spring ADAM show in New York and also walked for Zac Posen and Calvin Klein. Clauson's debut season yielded such sensational results that MODELS.com listed her to be one of the Top 10 Newcomers for fashion week Spring/Summer 2011. Despite being just a sophomore in high school, she's been lauded for her poise and maturity, earning her comparisons to fellow American teen model Karlie Kloss.
In 2011, she left Marilyn Agency and signed with Next Models. For SS11, her advertising campaigns included Mavi Jeans, Gucci, Dsquared2, and Jill Stuart. Clauson appeared on E! News, accompanied by her mother, for her first TV interview which aired in February 18. Five days after her TV interview aired, Hailey became the subject of controversy when it was found out she walked in three of the major shows: Diane von Fürstenberg, DKNY, and Oscar de la Renta in New York Fashion Week being still only 15 years old, when the age limit set by the Council of Fashion Designers of America bans models below 16 for catwalk shows. The fact that von Fürstenberg was president of the CFDA added to the controversy. Fürstenberg later said she didn't know Clauson's age and apologized. Six months later, in August of that same year, Clauson made head-line news again when her parents reportedly were suing Urban Outfitters and two other retailers for the unauthorized use of risqué photos of Hailey on their t-shirts. The suit says the shirts "force" Clauson "to be the object of prurient interests and provides wallpaper for the likes of pedophiles." Clauson's parents are suing all three retailers and the photographer for a total of $28 million in damages. In February 2012, the case against the photographer was dismissed for lack of jurisdiction by the New York based federal court. The other three defendants settled with Ms. Clauson. Controversy aside, Clauson has appeared in the Fall/Winter campaigns for Topshop, Zara, Moussy and Plein Sud. as well as appearing in Jay-Z’s alternative video, Empire State Of Mind which featured top models.
- "Hailey Clauson". Fashion Model Directory.
- "Hailey Clauson comp card for Ford Models".
- Madison, Jennifer (February 23, 2011). "Daily Mail (U.K.) : Underage model, 15, stars in three major shows at New York Fashion Week - despite CFDA's over-16 rule". London.
- Lim, James (December 2, 2010). "Meet the New Girl: Hailey Clauson Still Sleeps With Her Baby Blankie". New York Magazine. Retrieved April 20, 2011.
- "Interview in Japan Vogue, page 1".
- "Interview in Japan Vogue, page 2".
- "Hailey Clauson - Model Profile". Retrieved June 11, 2011.
- Wayne (October 15, 2010). "Top 10 Newcomers". Models.com. Retrieved June 11, 2011.
- Odell, Amy (January 12, 2011). "Check Out Another of Crystal Renn’s High-Fashion Campaigns". New York Magazine. Retrieved April 20, 2011.
- "Jill by Jill Stuart Spring Summer 2011 Ad Campaign".
- Sadler, Catt (February 18, 2011). "Tweet". Twitter. Retrieved June 12, 2011.
- modevogue (February 21, 2011). "Hailey Clauson on E! News". E! News. YouTube. Retrieved June 12, 2011.
- Douglas, Joanna (August 19, 2011). "Parents sue retailers and photographer over provocative shots of daughter used on t-shirts". Yahoo!. Retrieved August 21, 2011.
- Golding, Bruce (February 10, 2012). "Fotog cleared over ‘lewd’ kid pix". New York Post. Retrieved October 28, 2013.
- Haily Clauson - Advertising
- Empire State of Mind | Life+Times
- Conti, Samantha (January 22, 2014). "Agent Provocateur Takes to the Kitchen". WWD. Retrieved January 22, 2014.
- Hailey Clauson on Twitter
- Hailey Clauson on Blogger
- Hailey Clauson on Tumblr
- Hailey Clauson on Instagram
- Hailey Clauson at the Fashion Model Directory
- Hailey Clauson profile at NYmag.com