Hainan Provincial Museum
|Hainan Provincial Museum
The Hainan Provincial Museum (Chinese: 海南省博物馆; pinyin: Hǎinán Shěng Bówùguǎn) is located in Haikou, the capital city of Hainan Province, China. It was established in 1984, then moved to its permanent location in the Hainan Cultural Park at 68 Guoxing Avenue. There, it was officially reopened on November 15, 2008.
The facility is one of three large, public works projects constructed around the same time on Guoxing Avenue alongside one another, the others being Hainan Provincial Library and Hainan Centre for the Performing Arts.
The entire museum area covers 40,000 square metres. The first phase contains 18,000 square meters comprising the following:
- 8,000 metre exhibition area
- Cultural relics storage
- Technical rooms
- Service facilities
- Small office buildings.
In planning is the second phase of the project. It will have an area of 7,000 square meters, and will contain the "Huaguangjiao One" shipwreck, where it will be restored and protected. It will also house approximately 10,000 pieces of porcelain, and other cultural relics and specimens pertaining to the history of the South China Sea, the maritime Silk Road, and items relating to geopolitics. It will also contain various marine organisms and examples of mineral resources.
Presently, the museum has over 20,000 items including cultural relics and multimedia.
There are four basic permanent exhibitions:
- Exhibition of Collected Cultural Relics
- Exhibition of History of Hainan
- Exhibition of Minority Nationalities in Hainan
- Exhibition of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Hainan
The museum has presented approximately 20 thematic exhibitions, including:
- Two Decades’ Development (Exhibition on Hainan’s Achievements in Building the Province and the Special Economic Zone in the Past Two Decades)
- Charm of Masters in Literature of the 20th Century
- Exhibition of Masterpieces of Asian Museum of Watercolor Art
- National Treasure Exhibition
- Exhibition of High and New Tech of Chinese Academy of Sciences and Tsinghua University
Hainan Provincial Museum is open from 09:00 to 17:00 every day except Monday. Entrance is free with a maximum of 3,000 tickets issued daily, up to 16:30 every day. Identification is required to obtain a ticket. Professional narrators and self-service audio guides are available in Chinese, English, Japanese, Russian and other languages.
Hainan Provincial Museum is partnered with:
- National Museum of China
- Shanxi Provincial Museum
- Shandong Provincial Museum
- Nanjing Museum
- Hunan Provincial Museum
|This article related to a museum in the People's Republic of China is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|