Hair of the Dog Brewing Company
|Headquarters||Portland, Oregon, United States|
Hair of the Dog Brewing Company is a brewery in Portland, Oregon, USA. Hair of the Dog produces unusual beers using traditional craft-brewing techniques. Several of its beers are bottle conditioned.
The brewery's arguably biggest claim to fame was its barley wine Dave, which was among the strongest beers ever brewed, at 29 percent ABV. The high alcohol level was achieved by repeated freezing and removal of the frozen water, a process called freeze distillation.
Hair Of The Dog Brewing Company was profiled by master brewer Michael Ferguson on the show Beer Geeks which airs on OraTV
- Stoller, Gary. "Brewpubs offer great beer, good food and local flavor". USA Today. Retrieved 21 January 2014.
- Fodor's Oregon. p. 33.
- Let's Go Pacific Northwest Adventure 1st Edition - Let's Go, Inc. Staff. p. 94.
- "The Hop Brief: Hair of the Dog Blue Dot Double IPA". Seattle Post-Intelligencer. March 9, 2011.
- Hair of the Dog turns 20: Small brewery, big reputation | OregonLive.com
- Today in Bro, 1% Want Edition: A $2,000 Craft Beer: The Q: GQ
- 'Dave,' Craft Beer By Hair Of The Dog, Costs $2,000 A Bottle
- Roadtripping USA: The Complete Coast-to-Coast Guide to America - Let's Go, Inc.. p. 620.
|This beer or brewery-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Oregon-corporate or for-profit organization related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|