Hussain was born to a Muslim family in Lahore, Pakistan. He has studied at a handful of universities, including the Army Burn Hall College in 1992, Punjab University in 1996, West Herts College in 2002 and Middlesex University in 2006. He directed his first telefilm Beetay Pal in 2007. He is married to Nadia and the couple has 2 daughters.
Noted director Haissam Hussain acclaimed fame with his blockbuster television serial Noorpur Ki Rani. He then directed many other hits serials such as Dastaan, Aik Nayee cinderalla, Dur-e-Shehwar, Ishq Gumshuda, Akbari Asghari and Chowdween ka Chaand.
2013 Aunn Zara Bin Roye Aansoo (upcoming)
2010 Dastaan, Ishq Gumshuda
2009 Noor Pur Ki Rani, Jeevan Ki Rahoon Mein
2008 Choudaween Ka Chand
2009 Patli Gali, Ek Tha Larka, Love Unlimited
2008 Mili Ali Ko Mili, Muthi Bhar Matti, Tum Say Kaisay Kahoon, Beetay Pal
2009 Pari Kahani, Akhari Parinda
2008 Kuch Khaab Adhoray
2007 21 Service Lane
2006 No Regrets
- Taming of the Shrew (2012)
- Bin Roye (2015)
- "Saying Goodbye to Durr-e-shahwar".
- "Dastaan Reflecting the Indo-Pak Divide".
- "Pakistan Media Awards and the Stars come out to play".
- Haissam Hussain Facebook Profile
- Dastaan Special HH on Morning With Hum
- "Drama of the Week-Durr-e-Shahwar".