Haizhu District is one of the ten districts in Guangzhou, capital of Guangdong province, People's Republic of China.
Haizhu District was the largest in area along with Liwan District, Yuexiu District and Dongshan District, and the least dense of the four old districts in Guangzhou before the city expanded its size to include districts such as Tianhe to the east and Baiyun to the north. Then, it was also the only island district south of the Zhujiang River, thus the natives of Guangzhou often referred to it (and still do) as Henan/Ho Nam/Hoh Naahm (Chinese: 河南, meaning "south of the river"), even though Henan is also the name of a province in China where its name comes from the fact it is south of the Yellow River.
Today, it is no longer the largest district in area nor it is the southernmost district, however, it has some of the most pricey real estate in city. This is due to its proximity to the central city, and unlike the dense Liwan and Yuexiu Districts (Dongshan District has merged with Yuexiu in 2005 and it is now part of Yuexiu District) which have been relatively built-up, Haizhu has not. Its riverfront has some of the tallest (and pricey) residential buildings in the city which rival those in Tianhe District, another fast-growing district just east of Yuexiu, although Tianhe also has the tallest office buildings in the whole city.
The name Haizhu means "Sea Pearl" in Chinese.
Administrative divisions 
7 Days Inn has its corporate headquarters in the Creative Industry Zone (S: 创意园, T: 創意園, P: Chuàngyìyuán) in Haizhu.
The main campus of Sun Yat-Sen University is located in Haizhu, as well as the Guangzhou Fine Arts Academy. Right across the street from the Sun Yat-Sen University is the South Sea Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences. And the Guangzhou No.6 High School is one of the best in the city.
Guangzhou's Metro Line 8's eastern end is in Haizhu. Metro Lines 3 runs from north to south through the District, while line 5, currently under construction, will also have stations in it. Another metro line, the Guangfo Line, is currently under construction and will connect Guangzhou and Foshan, a city just west of Guangzhou. When built, it will be the only metro line connecting two cities in China.
Haizhu is currently service by five metro lines operated by Guangzhou Metro:
- Line 2 - The 2nd Workers' Cultural Palace, Jiangnanxi, Changgang (8), Jiangtai Lu, Dongxiaonan, Nanzhou (GF)
- Line 3 - Chigang Pagoda (APM), Kecun (8), Datang, Lijiao (GF)
- Line 4 - Wanshengwei (8), Guanzhou
- Line 8 - Tongfuxi (u/c), Fenghuang Xincun, Shayuan (GF), Baogang Dadao, Changgang (2), Xiaogang, Sun Yat-sen University, Lujiang, Kecun (3), Chigang, Modiesha, Xingangdong, Pazhou, Wanshengwei (4)
- APM - Chigang Pagoda (3)
The artists cooperative Park19 has facilities on Haizhu.
See also 
- ^ Haizhu District
- ^ "Company Profile." 7 Days Inn. Retrieved on October 24, 2012. "5C-11 Creative Industry Zone, 397 XinGangZhong Road, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510310, People’s Republic of China"
- ^ "about_building.html." (Select the "联系方式" tab) 7 Days Inn. Retrieved on October 24, 2012. "【总部】广州市海珠区新港中路397号TIT创意园5C大道11号"
External links 
Coordinates: 23°05′34″N 113°21′18″E / 23.092681°N 113.354874°E