Allameh Sayyed Ali Aqa Qazi Tabatabaei
|Resting place||Wadi-us-Salaam, Najaf|
|Main interest(s)||Islamic philosophy, jurisprudence.misticism|
|Disciple of||Mirza Mousa Tabrizi, Muhammad Ali Qarcheh Daghi, Sayyed Hosein Qazi, Mirza Muhammad Taqi Tabrizi,Muhammad Kazem Khorasani ( Akhoond Khorasani), Mirza Fathollah Shariati, Mirza Hosein Tehrani, Sheykh Muhammad Kazem Yazdi, Fazel Sharabyani, Sheykh Muhammad Bahari, Sayyed Ahmad karbalaei|
Ayatollah Sayyid Mirza Ali Tabatabai, also known as Allamah Qazi (1285 - 1366 AH; 1869-1947 CE), was an Iranian Islamic scholar. He was the son of Ayatullah Sayyed Hussein Qazi, and was born in Tabriz, Iran.
Birthday He was born in 29 April 1866 in Tabriz city. his father Sayyed Hosein Qazi was a prominent pupil of The grand Mirza Shirazi. His grand Father, namely father of his mother, was Mirza Mohsen Qazi who was one of the great Jurist and Man of Knowledge.
He learned under supervision of great masters.some of them are as follaw: Mirza Mousa Tabrizi, Muhammad Ali Qarcheh Daghi, Sayyed Hosein Qazi, Mirza Muhammad Taqi Tabrizi. Muhammad Kazem Khorasani ( Akhoond Khorasani), Mirza Fathollah Shariati, Mirza Hosein Tehrani, Sheykh Muhammad Kazem Yazdi, Fazel Sharabyani, Sheykh Muhammad Bahari, Sayyed Ahmad karbalaei.
Some of his pupils include: Allameh Sayyed Muhammad Hosein Tabatabaei, Sayyed Muhammad Elahi Tabrizi, Muhammad Taqi Bahjat, SAyyed YOusef Hakim, Sayyed Muhammad hoseini hamadani, Sayyed Muhammad Hosein Dastgheib Shirazi, Sheykh Hosein Ali Nejabat Shirazi, sayyed Muhammad Hadi Milani, Allameh Muhammad Rez Muzaffar, Sayyed Abul Ali Sabzevari, Mirza Ali Qaravi Aliyari, Sayyed Shahab Al Din Marashi Najafi, Sayyed Abul Qasim Khoei, Hajj Sheykh Abul Fazl Khansari, Sheykh Abbas Qouchani, Sheikh Hashem Haddad, Sayyed Abdul Karim Keshmiri.
His teachers in myticism
His teachers in Shi'i irfan were Ayatollah Ahmed Karbala'i (d. 1913) and Sheikh Mohammad Bahari, who in turn were the students of Mirza Mulla Hussein Qulli Hamadani. Mulla Qulli was himself the student of Haj Sayyed Ali Shustari.
He received the degree of Authority or Ijtihad when he was 27 years old. He also kept in mind nearly 40/000 Arabic words.
The description of his characters is not easy. We just refer to some of his mystical aspect in summary.
Allameh Tabatabaei about the Mystical character of Aqa Ali Qazi says that: he sometimes was appeared between us while sometimes he was absent and disappeared.
Sayyed Ali Aqa Qazi emphasized more on the night praying. He already advised his pupils to the night praying. Allameh Tabatabaei says that: he told me if you want both of the world and after world, you have to exercise the night praying.
He wrote several books, including a partially completed tafsir of the Qur'an, which is a commentary up to verse 91 of Surah al-An’am. He wrote some Notes and Commentary. Some of them are as follow:
- Uncomplete explanation on Samat Dua
- Correction of the book of Ershad
- Notes on fotuhat and fosus
- Commentary on The Holy Quran
- Mystical letters and advices
The grand mystic Allameh Aqa Ali Qazi Tabatabaei finally died in 1947 in Wadi-us-SalaamCemetery in Najaf.
- Shining Sun [in Memory of Allamah Tabataba'i (A translation of Mihr-i-Taban)], by Sayyid Muhammad Husayn Husayni Tihrani; Translation: Tawus Raja; Publishers: ICAS Press, UK (2011), Page 89.
- .( Aqa bozorg Tehrani, vol.1. part:4.p.1565)
- .( Aqa Bozorg Tehrani, vol.1, part:2,p:529)
- ( Osveh Arefan, by Muhammad Taqi Maraqi and Sadiq hasanzadeh, Ale Ali Publication, Qom,2001,P.15)
- ( The Seas of Mysticism , Hadi hashemian, Cuitural institute of Taha , Qom, 2000,p.20)
- Kernel of the Kernel (concerning the Wayfaring and Spiritual Journey of the People of Intellect; Compiled, Edited and Expanded by Sayyid Muhammad Husayn Husayni Tihrani; Translation: Muhammad H. Faghfoory; Publishers: State University of New York Press, Albany; Page xvii.
- Shining Sun [in Memory of Allamah Tabataba'i (A translation of Mihr-i-Taban)], by Sayyid Muhammad Husayn Husayni Tihrani; Translation: Tawus Raja; Publishers: ICAS Press, UK (2011), Pages 19, 20.
- ( Mehre Taban, p.27)
- .(Simaye Farzanegan, Reza okhtari,p:77)
- ( Mehre Taban, p.:25)
- (Qazi, 1358 solar,p.2-3)
- (Moshar, vol:5.p:769)
- ( Yadnameh Of Great Mystics,p.2)
- (Aqa Bozarg,vol:1,part4)
- (Osveh Arefan,p.121)