Hajipur (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|Lok Sabha constituency||21. Hajipur (SC)|
|Electoral system||First past the post|
In the 2010, October 2005, February 2005 and 2000 state assembly elections, Nityanand Roy of BJP won the Hajipur seat defeating his nearest rival, Rajendra Rai representing LJP in 2010 and February 2005, and RJD in October 2005 and 2000. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. Rajendra Rai of JD defeated Nityanand Rai of BJP in 1995. Jagannath Prasad Rai of Congress defeated Jagannath Prasad Yadav, Independent, in 1990. Motilal Sinha Kanan of LD defeated Jagannath Prasad Rai of Congress in 1985. Jagannath Prasad Rai of Congress defeated Baskit Rai of Congress(U) in 1980. Jagannath Prasad Yadav of JP defeated Moti Lal Sinha Kanan of Congress in 1977.
- "Schedule – XIII of Constituencies Order, 2008 of Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly constituencies Order, 2008 of the Election Commission of India". Schedule VI Bihar, Part A – Assembly constituencies, Part B – Parliamentary constituencies. Retrieved 2011-01-10.
- "Bihar - Hajipur". Bihar Assembly Elections Nov 2010 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-03-28.
- "45 - Hajipur Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-03-28.
- ECI. "Result 1972". Election Commission Of India. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- ECI. "Result 1969". Election Commission Of India. Retrieved 7 September 2012.