June 4, 1968|
|Years active||1983 - present|
|Home town||Pınarbaşı, Kayseri|
|Spouse(s)||Emira Albayrak (1996–present)|
Hakan Albayrak was born in Hanau, in the German state Hessen to Ziya Albayrak, who went to Germany in the early 1960s, seeking work as part of a formal guest worker programme, and his wife Gülbeyaz Albayrak. The Albayrak's are of Circassian origin (Hatuqwai and Kabarday).
In 1980 he left for Turkey, shortly before the military putsch on the 12th of September, "...the day I quickly grew up." Always uncomfortable with school life, he wrote the short story Mutiny in School in third grade of secondary school. After leaving high school in the second week of third grade, he now lives a life without diploma.
For the Ihlas News Agency (IHA) he reported from Gaza and East Jerusalem about the Intifada. Again for IHA, he went to Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina, in 1994, where he became IHH (Humanitarian Relief Foundation) representative for humanitarian aid.
In 2000, he wrote an article published in Milli Gazete, for which he was sentenced to 15 months in prison, in 2003, under Crimes Against Atatürk Law No. 5816. His sentence was reduced to six months, which he served in Kalecik Prison. After the conviction he commented: "No problem, plenty of time to enjoy leisure and read books."
He lives in Ankara, is married with Emira Albayrak, and has two daughters, Ayşe (1997) and Fatma (2002). Ayşe and Fatma are working together on short films and writing books. Hakan is the brother of actor Sinan Albayrak.
- Delikanlı Çete Yayınları (1989)
- Insan Köpeki Isırınca Nehir Yayınları (1989)
- Halifesiz Günler Denge Yayınları (1997)
- Hakan Albayrak Kitabı Vadi Yayınları (1997)
- Ebuzer Vadi Yayınları (2000)
- Kemalizm Terakkiye Manidir Vadi Yayınları (2004)
- Türkiye-Suriye Birliği Vadi Yayınları (2006)
- Batı'nın Soykırımcı Tabiatı Vadi Yayınları (2006)
- Bismillah Hotel) Vadi Yayınları (2006)
- İslâm Birliği'nin Nüvesi Olarak Türkiye-Suriye Birliği Vadi Yayınları (2006)
- Zaferimiz Mübarek Olsun) Vadi Yayınları (2006)
- Meleklerle Omuz Omuza) Profil Yayınları (2011)
- Bu Devrimler Bizim) Profil Yayınları (2012)
- Böyle Cihad Olmaz Öncü Kitap (2013)
- Kemalizm'e Son Öncü Kitap (2013)
- Ülkemizi Geri Alıyoruz Öncü Kitap (2013)
- Yezid Şiası Öncü Kitap (2013)
- Düşün Yakamızdan Öncü Kitap (2014)
- Saraybosna Sevgilim (Sarajevo Mon Amour) (Directing)
- Şam İstanbul Köprüsü (The Damascus - Istanbul Bridge) (Directing)
- Afrika'da Türk İzleri (Turkish Notions in Africa) (Consulting, Narrating)
- Mavi Sürgün (Blue Exile) (Dir.Erden Kıral)
- Bizim Ev (TV)