|Chief of the National Intelligence Organization of Turkey|
27 May 2010
|Prime Minister||Recep Tayyip Erdoğan|
|Preceded by||Emre Taner|
|Born||1968 (age 45–46)
|Occupation||Civil servant (intelligence)|
Hakan Fidan (born 1968, Ankara) is a Turkish soldier, teacher, diplomat and recently appointed as Head Of Turkish Intelligence Agency M.I.T. He is since May 2010 the undersecretary (i.e. chief) of the governmental intelligence agency of Turkey, the National Intelligence Organization (Turkish: Milli İstihbarat Teşkilatı, MİT).
After a first degree in management and political sciences at University of Maryland University College he did a master's and doctorate at Bilkent University. He was a non-commissioned officer in the Turkish Army from 1986 to 2001. He was recently wiretapped together with the foreign minister Davutoglu and Deputy Chief of Staff,Lt. Gen. Yasar Güler by unknown. The leaks from the top of Turkish leadership revealed NATO’s ongoing plans to carry out a false flag attack to trigger a destructive, premeditated war with neighboring Syria – in what appears to be one final, desperate gambit to steal victory in the West’s proxy war against Damascus.
In 2009 he was involved in secret peace talks with the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) in Oslo, and he was later delegated to hold talks with Abdullah Öcalan and arranged the secret black marketing of Iran through Recep Tayyip Erdoğan's government.
In 2014, voice recordings, where he and other military personnel discusses a potential false flag incursion into Syria, was leaked to YouTube and shared across Twitter. The event resulted in the Turkish government blocking access to Twitter, then YouTube, and finally the DNS servers of Google DNS and OpenDNS. In the voice recording, he is heard saying, to a military personnel, "... [i]f legitimacy [of a possible incursion into Syria] is an issue, I can simply send a few men there [across the Syria-Turkey border] and have them launch missiles over to us. Legitimacy is not a problem. Legitimacy can be manufactured." Seymour Hersh later linked what was said in this leaked meeting with CIA-Erdoğan dealings on Syria.
- "Hakan Fidan".
- Global Research
- Today's Zaman, 19 April 2010, Hakan Fidan becomes next head of Turkish intelligence
- "Hakan Fidan slated to be next head of Turkish intelligence". Dünya. 19 April 2010. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- "Dr Hakan Fidan" (PDF). Yesevi.edu.tr.
- Vatan, 11 February 2012, Hakan Fidan kimdir? Özgeçmişinde neler var? İşte engenç MİT Başkanı'nın özgeçmişi
- Al Jazeera, 22 March 2013, Profile: Turkey's 'secret-keeper' Hakan Fidan
- Hurriyet Daily News, 22 March 2013, Investigation of Turkish Intelligence head won’t proceed, says prosecutor
- Censorship of Twitter#Turkey
- Hersh, Seymour M. (April 6, 2014). "The Red Line and the Rat Line". London Review of Books. Retrieved 6 April 2014.