Cazalet is the son of Sir Edward Cazalet, a retired High Court judge, and his wife, the Hon. Lady Camilla Jane Cazalet (née Gage), a descendant of William I of England. He has an older brother, David Benedict Cazalet and a younger sister, the actress Lara Cazalet, with whom Cazalet sings professionally in a jazz trio.
Cazalet's opera roles include Nicholas in Death and the Powers at the Monte Carlo Opera, Gerard in Les Enfants Terribles by Philip Glass’ at the Brooklyn Academy of Music Opera House, and Charles in The Music Programme at the Royal Opera House. His Lincoln Center concert debut was a performance of L'Infinito by Tristan Keuris. He has also performed with the New York Festival of Song at Weill Hall, at Carnegie Hall, and at the Wigmore Hall in London. He also performed as Mr Angel in The Impresario with the National Symphony Orchestra under Christopher Hogwood at the Kennedy Center. Other performances include Cascada in The Merry Widow with the English National Opera and Albert in Albert Herring with the Glyndebourne Touring Opera.
- Wylie, Ian (7 March 2007). "Why Lisa's in love with city". City Life. Retrieved 2009-07-14.
- Descendants of William I See listing F3, Hon. Camilla Jane Gage. Retrieved on 2009-07-14.
- Series 2 Cast Interviews — Lara Cazalet, Bad Girls, UK.
- "Eminent Dragons". Dragon School. Retrieved October 7, 2011.
- "Hal Cazalet: Nicholas". Chicago Opera Theatre. Retrieved October 8, 2011.
- "Interview with Hal Cazalet, “Nicholas”". Opera of the Future. Retrieved October 8, 2011.
- "Hal Cazalet: Tenor". Music International, UK. Retrieved October 8, 2011.
|This article about a British opera singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|