Halbert Township, Martin County, Indiana
Location in Martin County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||52.37 sq mi (135.6 km2)|
|• Land||51.92 sq mi (134.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.44 sq mi (1.1 km2) 0.84%|
|Elevation||472 ft (144 m)|
|• Density||31.4/sq mi (12.1/km2)|
|ZIP codes||47446, 47581|
|GNIS feature ID||0453361|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 52.37 square miles (135.6 km2), of which 51.92 square miles (134.5 km2) (or 99.14%) is land and 0.44 square miles (1.1 km2) (or 0.84%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Shoals (east half)
The township contains these five cemeteries: Acre, Baxter, Elliott, Hawkins and Union Chapel.
- Deep Cut Lake
- Shoals Community School Corporation
- Indiana's 8th congressional district
- State House District 62
- State House District 63
- State Senate District 48
- "Halbert Township, Martin County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Halbert Township
||Mitcheltree Township||Spice Valley Township, Lawrence County|
|Center Township||Northwest Township, Orange County|
|Lost River Township|