Hale Common features "The Fighting Cocks" pub. There is a strawberry farm in Hale Common, called Hollands Strawberry Farm. Hollands Strawberry Farm has a shop, and also allows people to pick their own strawberries.
There are two fishing lakes in Hale Common, called the Hale Manor lakes. One is available for those who purchase a "day ticket" and the other allows fishing by those members of a syndicate. These lakes are the site of a wetland restoration project by the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds.
Hale Common also is the site of a car dealership and service station. There are several other businesses in Hale Manor, including other farms, and engineering, concrete and construction services.
- Fighting Cocks official website
- Hollands Strawberry Farm, Gourmet Britain official website.
- Hale Common fishing lake picture, Geograph British Isles website
- Fishing on the Isle of Wight, Isle of Wight Tourist Guide - Articles
- Isle of Wight - Angling, game fishing, sea fishing, etc, Tourist Net UK
- Course Fishing Isle of Wight, Isle of Wight dot com
- Biodiversity Action Plan for the Isle of Wight January 2003 Isle of Wight Biodiversity Action Plan: Wetlands Habitat Action Plan, Biodiversity Action Plan for the Isle of Wight, January 2003.
- Planning Application - A/00485/H, P/00899/04, Application by Hale Common Suzuki for new sign, Isle of Wight Council official website
- British Asparagus vendors