|Born||Haley Loraine Keeling
January 7, 1988
Fort Myers, Florida, U.S.
Life and career
Haley Bennett was born in Naples, Florida as Haley Loraine Keeling, the daughter of Leilani Dorsey Bennett and Ronald Keeling. As a child, she moved with her father to Stow, Ohio, where she attended Stow-Munroe Falls High School, before the family relocated back to Naples. Later, she studied music and acting while attending Barron Collier High School in Naples. She and her mother moved to Los Angeles, California to pursue her career in the summer of 2005 after high school.
Haley made her film debut as the pop music singer Cora Corman in the 2007 romantic comedy Music and Lyrics, alongside Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore. Bennett sang several songs for the Music and Lyrics soundtrack, including "Buddha's Delight" and "Way Back into Love". Fragments of "Entering Bootytown" and "Slam" are heard during concert scenes in the movie. "Invincible" can only be heard during the end credits and is only a minute and a half long.
She appeared in the February 2007 issue of GQ in the GQ/Features section. Also that year, she signed with 550 Music/NuSound Records (part of the Epic Records family of labels), and began working on her first album with the aid of singer/songwriter Shaley Scott.
She signed a three-picture deal with Warner Brothers Pictures and starred in her second and third movies, College and The Haunting of Molly Hartley (2008), in which she played the lead role. She also made a cameo in the movie Marley & Me. She also appeared in Greg Laswell's remake of "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" music video, and starred alongside Julia Stiles and Lily Cole in Shekhar Kapur's short movie Passage. Bennett appeared in the horror film The Hole, shot in 3D and directed by Joe Dante.
Haley performed her first live concert at The Mint in Los Angeles on June 19, 2008. Haley appeared in the October issue of Teen Vogue in the Young Hollywood section.
|2007||Music and Lyrics||Cora Corman|
|The Haunting of Molly Hartley||Molly Hartley|
|Marley & Me||Lisa|
|The Hole||Julie Campbell|
|2012||Outlaw Country||Annabel Lee|
|2013||Untitled Terrence Malick Project||TBA|
|TBA||Ella Walks the Beach||TBA|
- "Haley Bennett: Biography". AskMen.com. IGN Entertainment, Inc. 2007. Retrieved August 18, 2010. "Haley Keeling was born in 1989 in Fort Myers, Florida, but she was raised in Naples, Florida and in Ohio."
- Rich, Kate (February 14, 2007). "New Hollywood star has ties to Northeast Ohio". The Review (Alliance Publishing Co, LLC). Retrieved August 18, 2010. "...where she attended Stow High School in her freshman and sophomore years."
- Sever, Mike (February 15, 2007). "Stow teen debuts in film with Hugh Grant, Drew Barrymore". Record Courier (Record Publishing, LLC). Retrieved August 18, 2010.
- "Haley Bennett: Biography". OfficialHaleyBennett.com - July 2008. 2010. Archived from the original on July 1, 2008. Retrieved August 18, 2009. "She moved to Los Angeles after high school with her mother..."
- Gay, Jason (January 2007). "Haley's Comet". GQ.com. Condé Nast Digital. Retrieved August 15, 2010.
- "IMTA Alum Set to Star in Major Motion Pictures". IMTA. 2006-03-15. Archived from the original on 2007-07-25. Retrieved 2007-09-01.
- "Quad One-Sheet Debut: Joe Dante's The Hole 3D". DreadCentral.com. Dread Central Media, LLC. July 30, 2010. Retrieved August 15, 2010. "The Hole stars Teri Polo, Haley Bennett, Bruce Dern, Chris Massoglia, and Nathan Gamble."
- Abrams, Natalie (July 6, 2010). "Luke Grimes, Haley Bennett Head for Outlaw Country". TVGuide.com. TV Guide. Retrieved August 15, 2010. "Luke Grimes and Haley Bennett will star in Outlaw Country opposite Mary Steenburgen, an FX rep confirms."
- "FilmNation continues relationship with Terrence Malick on two new films". FilmNation Entertainment. November 1, 2011. Retrieved November 3, 2011.
- Official website
- Haley Bennett at the Internet Movie Database
- Haley Bennett at AllRovi
- Haley Bennett on Myspace