|Born||Haley Loraine Keeling
January 7, 1988
Fort Myers, Florida, U.S.
|Occupation||Actress, singer, Dancer|
Haley Bennett (born Haley Loraine Keeling; January 7, 1988) is an American actress and singer.
Life and career
Haley Bennett was born Haley Loraine Keeling in Fort Myers, Florida, the daughter of Leilani (Dorsey) Bennett and Ronald Keeling. As a child, she moved with her father to Stow, Ohio, where she attended Stow-Munroe Falls High School and graduated from Barbizon Modeling and Acting School in Akron, before the family relocated to Naples, Florida. Later, she studied music and acting while attending Barron Collier High School in Naples. She and her mother moved to Los Angeles, California to pursue her career in the summer of 2005 after high school.
Haley made her film debut as the pop music singer Cora Corman in the 2007 romantic comedy Music and Lyrics, alongside Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore. Bennett sang several songs for the Music and Lyrics soundtrack, including "Buddha's Delight" and "Way Back into Love". Fragments of "Entering Bootytown" and "Slam" are heard during concert scenes in the film. "Invincible" can only be heard during the end credits and is only a minute and a half long.
She appeared in the February 2007 issue of GQ in the GQ/Features section. Also that year, she signed with 550 Music/NuSound Records (part of the Epic Records family of labels), and began working on her first album with the aid of singer-songwriter Shaley Scott.
She signed a three-picture deal with Warner Brothers Pictures and starred in her second and third films, College and The Haunting of Molly Hartley (2008). She also made a cameo in the film Marley & Me. She also appeared in Greg Laswell's remake of "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" music video, and starred alongside Julia Stiles and Lily Cole in Shekhar Kapur's short film Passage. Bennett appeared in the horror film The Hole, shot in 3D and directed by Joe Dante.
Bennett performed her first live concert at The Mint in Los Angeles on June 19, 2008. Haley appeared in the October issue of Teen Vogue in the Young Hollywood section.
Bennett will appear in the Terrence Malick-directed project to be filmed under the name Lawless, which was scheduled to enter full production in 2012, and is reported by IMDB to be due for release in 2014.
|2007||Music and Lyrics||Cora Corman|
|2008||Haunting of Molly Hartley, TheThe Haunting of Molly Hartley||Molly Hartley|
|2008||Marley & Me||Lisa|
|2009||Hole, TheThe Hole||Julie Campbell|
|2012||Outlaw Country||Annabel Lee||Television film|
|2014||Equalizer, TheThe Equalizer||Mandy|
|2014||Things People Do||Post-production|
|2014||Untitled Terrence Malick project||Post-production|
|2014||The White City||Eva||Post-production|
- "Haley Bennett: Biography". AskMen.com. IGN Entertainment. 2007. Retrieved August 18, 2010.
Haley Keeling was born in 1989 in Fort Myers, Florida, but she was raised in Naples, Florida and in Ohio.
- "Barbizon Modeling and Acting School Alumni". http://www.barbizonmodeling.com/alumni.
- Rich, Kate (February 14, 2007). "New Hollywood star has ties to Northeast Ohio". The Review. Alliance Publishing Co. Archived from the original on July 26, 2011. Retrieved August 18, 2010.
...where she attended Stow High School in her freshman and sophomore years.
- Sever, Mike (February 15, 2007). "Stow teen debuts in film with Hugh Grant, Drew Barrymore". Record Courier. Archived from the original on March 18, 2008. Retrieved August 18, 2010.
- "Haley Bennett: Biography". OfficialHaleyBennett.com - July 2008. 2010. Archived from the original on July 1, 2008. Retrieved August 18, 2009.
She moved to Los Angeles after high school with her mother...
- Gay, Jason (January 2007). "Haley's Comet". GQ.com. Condé Nast Digital. Retrieved August 15, 2010.
- "IMTA Alum Set to Star in Major Motion Pictures". IMTA. 2006-03-15. Archived from the original on 2007-07-25. Retrieved 2007-09-01.
- "Quad One-Sheet Debut: Joe Dante's The Hole 3D". DreadCentral.com. Dread Central Media, LLC. July 30, 2010. Retrieved August 15, 2010.
The Hole stars Teri Polo, Haley Bennett, Bruce Dern, Chris Massoglia, and Nathan Gamble.
- "FilmNation continues relationship with Terrence Malick on two new films". FilmNation Entertainment. November 1, 2011. Retrieved November 3, 2011.