Haley Ishimatsu at the Olympic diving trials in Knoxville, TN
|Full name||Haley Ishimatsu|
September 10, 1992 |
|Height||5 ft 0 in (1.52 m)|
|Event(s)||10m, 10m synchro|
|College team||University of Southern California|
|Club||Trojan Dive Club|
|Partner||Mary Beth Dunnichay|
Ishimatsu is a fourth-generation Japanese American. Her older sister Victoria "Tory" Ishimatsu is also a competitive diver, and tried out for the 2008 Summer Olympic Games at the U.S. trials with Haley. At the 2008 Kaiser Permanente National Diving Championships, the elder Ishimatsu placed fourth in both the One-meter Springboard and the Synchronized Springboard Final. Ishimatsu signed a letter of intent to compete collegiality at Duke University beginning in the 2010 season.  She has now transferred to the University of Southern California where she started attending fall of 2012.
Ishimatsu has been a member of the U.S. national diving team since 2006, medaling in over ten different competitions nationally and internationally.
Ishimatsu is a member of the 2008 U.S. Olympic team in both the 10-meter platform and the synchronized 10-meter platform event with Mary Beth Dunnichay. In the synchronized competition Ishimatsu and Dunnichay earned fifth place scoring 309.12. In the individual event, Ishimatsu finished tenth with a score of 329.00 in the preliminary round, but did not make finals, finishing in 14th place with a score of 292.95.
Ishimatsu continued diving in preparation for the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, stating: "Now I know what the experience is like, some of the surprises," Ishimatsu told the Associated Press. "I'll be able to deal with it better." However, Ishimatsu failed to secure a return to London, faltering badly on her 4th dive in the June 2012 diving trials in Seattle, WA.
- "Haley Ishimatsu Profile". Athletes. USA Diving. 2008. Archived from the original on March 15, 2009. Retrieved August 13, 2008.
- Hirano Culross, Mikey (2008-07-25). "Diving Their Way Up". The Rafu Shimpo (Los Angeles News Publishing Company). Retrieved 2008-08-14.
- Franklin, Woody (2008-07-27). "2008 Kaiser Permanente National Diving Championships". Diving. About.com. Retrieved 2008-08-14.
- Lowery, Jennifer (2008-07-16). "USA Diving announces nominees to 2008 U.S. Olympic Team". News. USA Diving. Retrieved 2008-08-13.
- "Women's Synchronised 10m Platform Final". Diving Results. The Beijing Organizing Committee for the Games of the XXIX Olympiad. 2008-08-12. Retrieved 2008-08-13.
- Johnson, Greg (2008-08-20). "Wilkinson, Ishimatsu advance to platform semifinals". Sports (Los Angeles Times). Retrieved 2008-08-20.
- Newberry, P. (2008-08-21). "China's Chen leads women's platform semifinals". USA Today (The Associated Press). Retrieved 2008-08-21.
- "Women's 10m Platform Semifinal". Diving Results. The Beijing Organizing Committee for the Games of the XXIX Olympiad. 2008-08-21. Retrieved 2008-08-21.
- Newberry, Paul (2008-08-21). "China's Chen leads women's platform semifinals". The Associated Press. Retrieved 2008-08-21.