|Labels||Metal God Entertainment|
|Associated acts||Judas Priest
|Past members||Patrick Lachman
Halford is a heavy metal band formed in 1999 by Rob Halford, the lead vocalist for Judas Priest. Halford formed the band to return to his heavy metal roots. His two previous projects were a "street metal"-style band called Fight and the industrial metal band 2wo.
Halford's first album Resurrection was included in Martin Popoff's The Top 500 Heavy Metal Albums of All Time. In addition, the songs "Silent Screams" and the title-track "Resurrection" were included in Popoff's list. The track "The One You Love to Hate" featured vocalist Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden.
In 2002 Halford, released its second studio album Crucible, although no live recordings have been officially released to promote this album. A high-quality soundboard bootleg titled "Live - From the Disney House of Blues" was made available for download at RobHalford.com in 2004 along with a special DEP (Digital Entertainment Package) created by Attila Juhasz. Halford released bonus tracks in Japan, such as "She", "Fugitive", "Rock the World Forever" and "In the Morning". There is a video for the track "In the Morning" available on Halford's website.
On November 2006, Halford released a single titled "Forgotten Generation". The first wave of Halford rereleases included remastered editions of the band's back catalog, initially released through the iTunes Store. Fight also released an early recording entitled K5 – The War of Words Demos dating back to the formation of Fight. The compilation Metal God Essentials Vol. 1 not only included the fans' favorite Halford songs, but also the new recordings "Forgotten Generation" and "Drop Out".
Rob Halford's third solo record Halford III: Winter Songs was released worldwide through all retailers on November 3, 2009. The record features new tracks recorded by his solo band between 2008–2009, as well as traditional Christmas songs re-arranged to heavy metal renditions by Halford himself. The first single "Get Into the Spirit" was released to radios on September 29, 2009.
- Resurrection (2000)
- Crucible (2002)
- Halford III: Winter Songs (2009)
- Halford IV: Made of Metal (2010)
- Silent Screams: The Singles EP (2006) (Initially exclusive to iTunes)
- Fourging the Furnace (2003)
- Live Insurrection (2001)
- Live – Disney House of Blues Concert DEP (2004) (Formerly available for free download from www.robhalford.com.)
- Live in Anaheim (Original Soundtrack) (2010)
- Live at Saitama Super Arena (Original Soundtrack) (2011)
- Live in London (2012)
- Metal God Essentials, Vol. 1 (2006) (Initially exclusive to iTunes, released as a CD in September 2007)
- Live at Rock in Rio III (DVD) (2008)
- Live in Anaheim (DVD) (2010)
- Live at Saitama Super Arena (DVD) (2011)