Halfway to Gone
|Halfway to Gone|
|Origin||New Jersey, United States|
|Labels||Small Stone Records|
|Past members||Kenny Wagner-Drums
Halfway to Gone is an American heavy metal band from New Jersey. The band formed in 1999 when bassist and founding member of Solarized, Lou Gorra got together with Lee Stuart (Solarized's touring guitarist), and drummer Danny Gollin. Chuck Dukehart from Sixty Watt Shaman played drums in the band for a year before being replaced by Kenny Wagner, also of Sixty Watt Shaman & Honky, who toured with them and played on "Second Season". The band did U.S. tours & played shows with Clutch, Nashville Pussy, Nebula, CKY, Suplecs, and many others. The band's style has been described as a mixture of Stoner rock, Southern rock and Heavy metal, inspired by Lynyrd Skynyrd and Black Sabbath, among others. They released an album with Alabama Thunderpussy in 2000 and their own debut early the next year. They have released two more albums since. They went on extended hiatus in 2004 but are rumored to be doing another album in 2012 with original line up of Stu, Danny, & Lou on Smallstone Records.
- Split w/Alabama Thunderpussy (2000 Underdogma/Game Two Records)
- High Five (2001, Small Stone)
- Second Season (2002, Small Stone)
- Halfway to Gone (2004, Small Stone)
Their song "Escape From Earth" was featured in the cult film, "The Sasquatch (Dumpling) Gang.
The song "Great American Scumbag" is in the horror movie Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever.
- Halfway to Gone at MySpace
- Interview 2012 at The Obelisk
- Halfway to Gone on Allmusic
- guipardo (Contributor) (2007-07-08). HalfWay To Gone - Couldn't Even Find a Fight. Event occurs at 150 seconds. Retrieved 2008-01-06.
|This article on a United States rock music band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|