Halifax Regional Community Council
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2008)|
Community councils represent a geographic area covering anywhere from three to six districts where councillors consider local matters, make recommendations to Halifax Regional Council, and provide opportunities for public input.
The community council model was adopted by the municipality following incorporation in 1996, largely to placate the concerns of residents in the wake of the contentious municipal amalgamation. Many community councils currently represent geographic areas that roughly approximate the boundaries of previous municipalities prior to being dissolved into the Halifax Regional Municipality.
List of Community Councils
- Chebucto Community Council
- Harbour East Community Council
- Marine Drive Valley & Canal Community Council
- North West Community Council
- Western Region Community Council
- Peninsula Community Council