|Full name||İbrahim Halil Çolak|
|Date of birth||29 January 1988|
|Place of birth||Deventer, Netherlands|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Go Ahead Eagles|
|2008||→ Cambuur (loan)||11||(1)|
|2008–2009||→ Go Ahead Eagles (loan)||23||(6)|
|2009||Go Ahead Eagles||27||(10)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 27 December 2013 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Çolak started his career at local Deventer club IJsselstreek. He soon joined Go Ahead Eagles as a youth player. Go Ahead Eagles had a cooperation agreement with FC Twente, and he joined their youth academy. In 2007, he won the national youth championship with the FC Twente A-juniors.
In the summer of 2007, Çolak was promoted the Twente's reserve squad, where he captured a place in the starting lineup under coach Cees Lok. Due to some good performances, he was called up by first team coach, Fred Rutten for the match against FC Utrecht. Though, he didn't manage to become a part of the squad and was a reserve. On the last days of the transfer market in January 2008, Çolak signed a loan deal with Cambuur Leeuwarden.
Loan deals (2008–09)
Çolak made his debut on 1 February 2008, two days after he was signed. His debut came in the home-match against FC Zwolle which ended in a 1–1 draw. He played the whole match. Çolak played 11 matches for Cambuur. He scored one goal.
On 27 July 2008, Go Ahead Eagles signed Çolak on a one-year deal, which ment a return to his hometown Deventer. In the first league match of the season, an away-match against VVV-Venlo, he was a 57th-minute substitute for Jeffrey Vlug. The game eventually ended in a 5–0 loss for Go Ahead. In the following match, a home game against Fortuna Sittard, Çolak was in the starting lineup and directly provided an assist. The ending result was 1–1. Some weeks after at a training session, he broke his fibula which ruled him out for a couple of weeks. On 23 November he made his comeback with a place in the starting lineup in the match against FC Den Bosch, which ended in a goalless draw (0–0). In total he played 23 matches in which he scored six times.
Go Ahead Eagles
On 24 April 2009, it became clear that Çolak would stay another season on loan with Go Ahead Eagles. A month later, the loan deal was converted into a final transition, which meant that Çolak was now definitively Go Ahead-player. He signed a three-year contract. In the first half of the 2009–10 season, Çolak scored 10 goals in 21 matches, making him an important player for the Eagles. He also scored in the KNVB Cup, including against Eredivisie side Heracles Almelo. His good performances are not going by unnoticed. Rumours where going that Galatasaray where interested in the services of the young Turkish winger.
- "Halil Çolak". ga-eagles.nl (in Dutch). Retrieved 7 August 2010.
- "Cambuur haalt Seedorf en Colak naar Leeuwarden" [Cambuur get Seedorf and Colak to Leeuwarden]. vi.nl (in Dutch). 30 January 2008. Retrieved 7 August 2010.
- "SC Cambuur-Leeuwarden – FC Zwolle (01-02-2008)" [Match Report: SC Cambuur Leeuwarden – FC Zwolle]. vi.nl (in Dutch). 1 February 2008. Retrieved 7 August 2010.
- "VVV-Venlo – Go Ahead Eagles (08-08-2008)" [Match Report: VVV-Venlo – Go Ahead Eagles]. vi.nl (in Dutch). 8 August 2008. Retrieved 7 August 2010.
- "Go Ahead Eagles – Fortuna Sittard (15-08-2008)" [Match Report: Go Ahead Eagles – Fortuna Sittard]. vi.nl (in Dutch). 15 August 2008. Retrieved 7 August 2010.
- "Kwetsuur Colak ernstiger dan verwacht" [Colak's injury worse than expected]. voetbalzone.nl (in Dutch). 21 August 2008. Retrieved 7 August 2010.
- "Go Ahead Eagles – FC Den Bosch (23-11-2008)" [Match Report: Go Ahead Eagles – FC Den Bosch]. vi.nl (in Dutch). 23 November 2008. Retrieved 7 August 2010.
- "Halil Çolak Profile at VI.nl". vi.nl (in Dutch). Retrieved 7 August 2010.
- "Galatasaray Chase Turkish Youngster Halil Colak – Report". Goal.com. 13 January 2010. Retrieved 7 August 2010.
- "G.Saray ile adı geçmişti, şimdi Kasımpaşa'da!". Sporx.com (in Turkish). 12 August 2010. Retrieved 15 August 2010.