|Elevation||559 m (1,834 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Uttara Kannada|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Haliyal|
Haliyal (Kannada: ಹಳಿಯಾಳ) is a Panchayat town in Uttara Kannada in the Indian state of Karnataka. It is the headquarters town for Haliyal Taluka. It can be classified as a main-road town. The NH-63 (India) highway passes through it.
Haliyal has an average elevation of 559 metres (1834 feet).
Places to see
- Haliyal Fort
- Mallikarjuna Temple
- Tulaja Bhavani Temple
- Port garden and deer park
- Lord Ganesh Temple
- EID Parry (I) Ltd.'s, Sugar, Power, Distillery Industry
- Temples of B.K.Halli Village
- Siddharudh Math K.K Halli village
- V.R.Deshpande Memorial Trust College Campus
- KLS Engineering college
In the 2001 Indian census, Haliyal had a population of 20,652. Males constituted 51% of the population. Haliyal had an average literacy rate of 66%, higher than the national average (59.5%); male literacy was 72%, and female literacy was 60%. In 2001 in Haliyal, 13% of the population was under 6 years of age. Kannada is the main language spoken in the city along with urdu.
Karwar eNews is a major local newspaper in the region.
- Supa Dam
- Kavala Cave near Ambikanagar
- Sykes Point near Ambikanagar
- Lalgulli Waterfall
- Sathodi Falls
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- http://www.karwarenews.com Karwar website
Forts in Karnataka
|This article related to a location in Uttara Kannada district, Karnataka, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|