||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)|
7 January 1962
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Other names||Hallie Eckstein-Withrow|
|Occupation||Actress/Acting coach and teacher|
|Spouse(s)||Glenn Withrow, 1991-present|
|Children||Ivy Withrow (daughter)|
Life and areer
Todd was born in Los Angeles, California, the daughter of actress Ann Morgan Guilbert and writer/producer George Eckstein. She played a homeless character, “The Kid,” on a Christmas episode of the sitcom, Growing Pains. She played Penny Waters, the daughter of fictional former football player Joe Waters on the Showtime comedy series Brothers, which is her longest lasting role. In 1990, a year after Brothers left the air, Todd moved into her next sitcom role as spunky writer-and-aspiring-comedian Kate Griffin on Going Places. Later roles include Lal, Data’s “daughter,” on the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "The Offspring;" Blanche's niece, Lucy, on the The Golden Girls episode "Nice and Easy;" the mother in the Disney Channel original movie The Ultimate Christmas Present; Hilda's and Zelda’s cousin Marigold, Amanda's mother, on Sabrina, the Teenage Witch; and—Lizzie's mother, Jo McGuire, on Lizzie McGuire.
Todd subsequently appeared frequently on VH1, providing comedic commentary. She also starred in numerous Murder, She Wrote episodes. Todd starred in the feature film The Mooring, which she co-wrote with her husband and daughter. The film is being released on DVD, digital download and Video on Demand on February 19, 2013.
Todd is the co-founder of the film production company In House Media and the Hallie Todd Studios acting conservatory, the latter of which is devoted to training actors of all ages.
Todd is married to actor Glenn Withrow, whom she wed in 1991. The couple have a daughter, Ivy, also an actress and producer.
- The Mooring (2012)
- The Lizzie McGuire Movie (2003)
- The Ultimate Christmas Present (2000) (TV)
- The Check Is in the Mail... (1986)
- Sam's Son (1984)
- Who Will Love My Children? (1983) (TV)
- Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)
- Brandy & Mr. Whiskers (1 episode, 2005)
- Lizzie McGuire (65 episodes, 2001–2004)
- Malcolm in the Middle (1 episode, 2004)
- Kim Possible (1 episode, 2003)
- Sabrina, the Teenage Witch (1 episode, 1999)
- Two of a Kind (1 episode, 1998)
- Life with Roger (20 episodes, 1996–1997)
- Diagnosis: Murder (1 episode, 1996)
- Murder One (1 episode, 1996)
- Brooklyn Bridge (1 episode, 1992)
- Laurie Hill (1 episode, 1992)
- Murder, She Wrote (7 episodes, 1989–1991)
- Going Places (19 episodes, 1990–1991)
- Star Trek: The Next Generation (1 episode, 1990)
- HeartBeat (1 episode, 1988)
- Growing Pains (1 episode, 1986)
- The Golden Girls (1 episode, 1986)
- Highway to Heaven (1 episode, 1985)
- Brothers (115 episodes, 1984-1989)
- ABC Afterschool Special (1 episode, 1983)
- Family (1 episode, 1980)
In between her acting roles, Todd wrote two books, Being Young Actors and Parenting The Young Actor.