From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Halon may refer to:
- Haloalkane, or halogenoalkane, a group of chemical compounds consisting of alkanes with linked halogens. In particular, bromine-containing haloalkanes.
- Halomethane fire extinguishing systems
- Various compounds that have been used in agriculture, dry cleaning, fire suppression, and other applications.
- Halon 10001 (iodomethane)
- Halon 1001 (bromomethane)
- Halon 1011 (bromochloromethane, CH2BrCl)
- Halon 104 (carbon tetrachloride)
- Halon 1103 (tribromofluoromethane)
- Halon 112 (dichlorofluoromethane)
- Halon 1201 (bromodifluoromethane)
- Halon 1202 (dibromodifluoromethane)
- Halon 1211 (bromochlorodifluoromethane, CF2ClBr)
- Halon 122 (dichlorodifluoromethane)
- Halon 1301 (bromotrifluoromethane, CBrF3)
- Halon 14 (tetrafluoromethane)
- Halon 242 (1,2-dichlorotetrafluoroethane)
- Halon 2402 (dibromotetrafluoroethane, C2Br2F4)—used as a fire extinguisher
- Halon 2600 (hexafluoroethane)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.