Ham Hindu Nahin
|Author||Kahn Singh Nabha|
|Original title||ਹਮ ਹਿੰਦੂ ਨਹੀਂ|
|Subject||A critique on the Sikh identity|
|1898 (1st ed.)|
|Pages||185 (4th ed.)|
Ham Hindu Nahin (Punjabi: ਹਮ ਹਿੰਦੂ ਨਹੀਂ ; Translation: We are not Hindus), also spelled as Hum Hindu Nahin, is a 19th-century Punjabi book by Kahn Singh Nabha, on the distinction of the Sikhism and identity. First published in 1898, the book was registered under this title in the Punjab Gazette on June 30, 1899 at number 447.
Pressing its claim vehemently and vigorously to the distinction of the Sikh identity and religion, it concludes with a versified note by the author, describing the characteristics of the Khalsa.
Subject and need to write
- Nabha, Kahn Singh (2011). ਹਮ ਹਿੰਦੂ ਨਹੀਂ (in Punjabi). Amritsar: Singh Brothers. p. 128. ISBN 978-81-7205-051-1.
- "Ham Hindu Nahin". Open Library. December 11, 2009. Retrieved July 23, 2012.
- "Hum Hindu Nahin". Panjab Digital Library. Retrieved July 23, 2012.
- "ਕੀ ‘ਹਮ ਹਿੰਦੂ ਨਹੀਂ’ ਕਿਤਾਬ ਵੰਡੀ ਪਾਉਂਦੀ ਹੈ?". Amritsar Times. Retrieved July 24, 2012.
- "Ham Hindu Nahin". Article on book. TheSikhEncyclopedia. Retrieved July 24, 2012.
- "A lethal cocktail of religion and politics". News in English. The Hindustan Times. July 27, 2007. Retrieved July 23, 2012.