Hamad bin Mohammed Al Sharqi
Hamad bin Mohammed Al Sharqi (born 25 Sept 1948) is the current ruler of the Emirate of Fujairah in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). He took over after the death of his father, Mohammed bin Hamad Al Sharqi, in 1974. His mother, the late Fatima Bint Rashid Al Nuaimi, died in 2014.
He attended the Mons Military Academy in 1970 and from 1971 to 1974 served as Minister for Agriculture and Fisheries of the UAE. The Sharqi family has a warm relationship with the Abu Dhabi ruling Nahyan family, allowing the former access to federal funds and ministerial posts, exceeding allocations of similar small emirates.
- Married to Sheikha Fatima bint Thani Al Maktoum
- Shaikha Sarra Bint Hamad bin Mohammed Al Sharqi (1985) Graduate of the American University of Sharjah
- Sheikh Mohammed bin Hamad bin Mohammed Al Sharqi(born 1986) crown prince of Fujairah
- Sheikh Dr.Rashid Bin Hamad bin Mohammed Al Sharqi (1987) head of media department of Fujairah PHD from London
- Shaikha Shamsa Bint Hamad bin Mohammed Al Sharqi (1988) Graduate of Zayed University, Dubai
- Shaikha Madiyah Bint Hamad bin Mohammed Al Sharqi (1989) Fashion designer
- Sheikh Maktoum Bin Hamad bin Mohammed Al Sharqi (1991) Graduate of Royal Academy of Sandhurst
|This United Arab Emirati biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|