Hamburg is an unincorporated community in Ray Township, Franklin County, Indiana.
Hamburg was platted in 1864 by Wesley Martin. It was named after Hamburg, in Germany.
A post office was established at Hamburg in 1867, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1929.
Hamburg is located at 39°22′51″N 85°15′03″W / 39.38083°N 85.25083°W.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "Hamburg, Franklin County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- ^ Reifel, August Jacob (1915). History of Franklin County, Indiana. Windmill Publications. p. 167.
- ^ Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 154. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3. "...and named for the city in Germany."
- ^ "Franklin County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 8 September 2014.