|Quarter of Hamburg|
Underground railway station Schlump
|• Total||3.2 km2 (1.2 sq mi)|
|• Density||17,000/km2 (44,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
In 2006 according to the statistical office of Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein, the quarter Eimsbüttel has an area of 3,2 km².
In 2006, there were 54,702 people living in Eimsbüttel. The population density is 16,930/km2 (43,848/sq mi). 10.6% were children under the age of 18, and 16.2% were 65 years of age or older. 14% were resident aliens. 2,710 people were registered as unemployed.
In 1999, there were 36,479 households, out of which 12.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them and 60.5% of all households were made up of individuals. The average household size was 1.59.
There were 8 elementary schools and 3 secondary schools in the quarter Eimsbüttel.
There were 52 day-care centers for children, 202 physicians in private practice and 16 pharmacies.
According to the Department of Motor Vehicles (Kraftfahrt-Bundesamt), in the quarter Eimsbüttel 16,871 private cars were registered (311 cars/1000 people). There were 244 traffic accidents total, including 205 traffic accidents with damage to persons.
- Bezirksverwaltungsgesetz (BezVG), July 6th, 2006, Hamburg
- Residents registration office, source: statistical office Nord of Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein (2006)
- Source: statistical office Nord of Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein (1999)
- Source: statistical office Nord of Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein (2006)
- Traffic accident statistic, statistical office Nord of Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein (2006)
- Statistical office Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein Statistisches Amt für Hamburg und Schleswig-Holstein, official website (German)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to the quarter Eimsbüttel.|