Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Maktoum
|Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Maktoum|
|Crown Prince of Dubai|
|Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid bin Said bin Maktoum bin Butti Al Maktoum|
|House||House of Al-Falasi|
|Father||Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum|
|Mother||Hind bint Maktoum bin Juma Al Maktoum|
|Born||14 November 1982|
Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum (Arabic حمدان بن محمد بن راشد آل مكتوم) (born 14 November 1982) is the Crown Prince of Dubai. He is popularly known as Fazza (فزاع), the name under which he publishes his poetry.
Early life and education
Hamdan began his schooling in Dubai at the Rashid School For Boys and then at the Dubai School of Government. He then continued his studies in the UK where he graduated from Sandhurst and later attended the London School of Economics.
Roles and positions
Hamdan was appointed as the chairman of the Dubai executive council in September 2006. On 1 February 2008, he was named as the hereditary prince of Dubai. As the new hereditary prince, he has recently appointed new key personal and financial advisors such as a global economist and a hedge fund tycoon from HN Capital LLP. In July 2009, he was appointed supreme president of the newly founded Hamdan bin Mohammed e-university. He is also the head of the Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid establishment for young entrepreneurs, and sits on the Dubai sports council and the Dubai autism centre.
He is known as a horse rider, he dives in Fujairah, and is an amateur skydiver. He is known for his poems, which are mainly romantic, patriotic and about his family. He publishes his poems under the name Faz'za  (فزاع). Hamdan also enjoys camels, cars and traveling.
Titles, styles and honours
HH Sheikh Maktoum
|Monarchical styles of
The Crown Prince
|Reference style||His Highness|
|Spoken style||Your Highness|
Titles and styles
- Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Maktoum (14 November 1982 – Present)
- His Excellency Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Maktoum (4 January 2006 - 1 February 2008)
- His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai (1 February 2008 – present)
- Davidson, Christopher M. (29 November 2009). "A tale of two desert dynasties". The Telegraph. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
- "Profile: Shaikh Hamdan bin Mohammad bin Rashid Al Maktoum". Gulf News. 1 February 2008. Retrieved 9 January 2008.
- "Shaikh Hamdan appointed Dubai's Crown Prince". Gulf News. 1 February 2008. Retrieved 9 February 2008.
- "Hamdan bin Mohammed e-University". Almojtama (22): 6. July 2009. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
- Official Site