Hamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan
|Hamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan|
|Managing Director of the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority|
|In office||2010 – present|
|Predecessor||Ahmed bin Zayed Al Nahyan|
|House||Al Nahyan family|
|Father||Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan|
HH Sheikha Sheikha bint Madhad Al Mashghouni
HH Sheikha Ayesha
HH Sheikha Amna bint Salah Al Darmaki
HH Sheikha Fatima Al Muhairi
Early life and education
Sheikh Hamed the son of late emir (ruler) of Abu Dhabi, the founder and first president of UAE. His mother is Sheikha Mouza. He has four full-brothers, including late Sheikh Ahmed and Sheikh Saif. Hamed holds an economics degree, which he received from Emirates University, and a master's degree in petroleum economics, which he obtained from the University of Wales.
Sheikh Hamed is the chairman of Abu Dhabi Crown Prince's Court and the member of Executive Council of Abu Dhabi. He is the deputy chairman of Khalifa University's board of trustees. Sheik Hamad is the chairman of the board of directors of Etihad Airways, the Abu Dhabi government-owned airlines.
In 2012, he was included in the 50 Most Influential list of Bloomberg Markets magazine. He is the 12th in the list. In July 2013, Sheikh Hamed was ranked #1 on the Sovereign Wealth Fund Institute's Public Investor 100 ranking.
- "Abu Dhabi - Sheikh Hamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan.". APS Review Oil Market Trends. 21 January 2013. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
- Christopher Davidson (September 2011). Abu Dhabi: Oil and Beyond. Columbia University Press. p. 100. ISBN 978-0-231-80033-4. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
- "Biography" (PDF). GSEC. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
- "The General Secretariat of the Executive Council - Members' Profiles". GSEC. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
- "منتديات سمو الشيخ محمد بن زايد آل نهيان في قلوب محبيه". Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed website. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
- "His Highness Sheikh Hamed bin Zayed chairs Khalifa University’s Board of Trustees Executive Committee Meeting". Albawaba. Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- "Etihad Airways Global - National Airline of United Arab Emirates". Etihad Airways. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
- "Sheikh Hamed named head of Abu Dhabi Investment Authority". Arabian Business. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- "Hamed appointed new ADIA Managing Director". Khaleej Times. 15 April 2010. Retrieved 8 July 2011.
- Sara Bazoobandi (20 December 2012). Political Economy of the Gulf Sovereign Wealth Funds: A Case Study of Iran, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. Routledge. p. 82. ISBN 978-1-136-17019-5. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
- "Bloomberg Markets' 50 Most Influential". Bloomberg. 5 September 2012. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
- "Hamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan". SWF Institute. Retrieved 11 August 2013.