Ezzine at the 2013 World Championships
|Competitor for Morocco|
|World Cross Country Championships|
|Bronze||Fukuoka 2006||Short race – Team|
|Bronze||Mersin 2013||3000 m steeplechase|
He was born in Aït Ali as a younger brother of runner Ali Ezzine. He finished twelfth in the 5000 metres at the 2002 World Junior Championships, but then turned to the steeplechase. He finished fourth at the 2004 African Championships, won the gold medal at the 2005 Jeux de la Francophonie, finished fifth at the 2006 African Championships and eleventh at the 2007 World Athletics Final. He also competed at the 2005 World Championships, the 2007 World Championships and the 2008 Olympic Games without reaching the final.
His personal best time in the steeplechase is 8:09.72 minutes, achieved in July 2007 in Athens' Olympic Stadium. Up until then he had improved steadily from 8:47.67 minutes in 2003 (August, Casablanca) to 8:25.10 in 2004 (June, Rabat), 8:21.38 in 2005 (June, Rabat) and 8:19.37 in 2006 (June, Rabat). In late 2007 Ezzine was described in the official IAAF season reviews as one of that year's major beakthroughs statistically. His personal best in the 5000 metres is 14:00.6 minutes, achieved in June 2002 in Rabat.
Ezzine also finished 30th at the 2004 World Cross Country Championships, 41st at the 2005 World Cross Country Championships and 21st at the 2006 World Cross Country Championships, all in the short race. This earned him a fifth place in the team competition of 2004 and a bronze medal in the team competition of 2006.
In 2009 he was found guilty of refusal to submit to doping control and tampering with a doping control. For this he received a two-year suspension from the sport, lasting from March 2009 to March 2011. He returned to competition in late 2011 to win the silver medal in 3000 m steeplechase at the 2011 Pan Arab Games.
- "Hamid Ezzine". Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved 4 March 2010.
- Hamid Ezzine profile at IAAF
- "Francophone Games". GBR Athletics. Athletics Weekly. Retrieved 4 March 2010.
- Julin, A. Lennart; Jalava, Mirko (29 December 2007). "2007 - End of year Reviews - LONG DISTANCE RUNNING". IAAF. Retrieved 4 March 2010.
- "IAAF World Cross Country Championships - 4.0km CC Men - Bruxelles Ossegem Park Date: Saturday, March 20, 2004". Athchamps. Archived from the original on 16 October 2007. Retrieved 4 March 2010.
- "IAAF World Cross Country Championships - 4.0km CC Men - Fukuoka Date: Saturday, April 1, 2006". Athchamps. Archived from the original on 16 October 2007. Retrieved 4 March 2010.