November 23, 1968 |
Saqqez, Kordestan, Iran, of Kermanshahi descent originally
|Occupation||lexicographer, corpus-maker, Persian/Kurdish/Arabic prosodist|
|Years active||1991 - present (7 books, 70 papers and lectures)|
Hamid Hasani (Persian: حمید حسنی) (Persian pronunciation: [haˈmiːd hasaˈniː]) (born November 23, 1968 in Saqqez (Persian: سقز), Iranian Kurdistan province, of Kermanshahi descent originally, Kermanshah province, Iran) is an Iranian scholar and researcher, concentrated on Persian lexicography, dictionary-making, and Persian corpus linguistics, also an expert on Persian, Arabic (standard), and Kurdish prosody (metrics/ versification).
Hassani lives in Tehran since 1987. He has published 7 books and more than 80 papers on Persian, Arabic, and Kurdish language and literature. Hassani also has published some works on Persian lexicography, corpus-making, and frequency-concordance dictionaries.
Hassani has given three international lectures: two lectures in English and Persian in Oslo, Norway (September 1997, at the University of Oslo, Blindern and Kloden Institute, respectively), and a lecture in Persian in Dushanbe, Tajikistan (March 2006) at the Institute of Oriental Studies and Written Heritage of the Academy of Sciences.
Publications and international lectures
A. Books in Persian:
- 2009: Published Persian Beginner's Dictionary, (in Persian: Farhang-e Zabān-āmuz-e Fārsi, Sat.h-e Moqaddamāti), with Behruz Safarzadeh, Tehran, Iran Language Institute (ILI), xvi + 1210 + iv pp;
- 2005: Published Persian Today Corpus[disambiguation needed]: The Most Frequent Words of Today Persian, based on a one-million-word corpus (in Persian: Vāže-hā-ye Porkārbord-e Fārsi-e Emruz), Tehran, Iran Language Institute (ILI), 322 pp;
- 2004: Published Arabic Poetry: Prosody and Rhyme (in Persian: `Aruz-o Qāfiyeh-ye `Arabi), Tehran, `Elmi va Farhangui, v + 144 pp;
- 2004: Published Madārej-ol-Balāgheh in Rhetoric (in Persian: Madārej-ol-Balāgheh dar Elm-e Badi`), by Rezā-Qoli Khān Hedāyat, edited and annotated by Hamid Hassani (co-editor: Behruz Safarzadeh), Tehran, The Academy of Persian Language and Literature, xix + 164 pp;
- 2001: Published A Glossary of Constitution of Islamic Republic of Iran (in Persian: Farhang-e Mowzu`i-e Qānun-e Asāsi-e Jomhuri-e Eslāmi-e Irān), Tehran, Rowzaneh 162 pp;
- 1998: Published Mer'āt-ol-Khiyāl Who's Who (in Persian: Tazkereh-ye Mer'āt-ol-Khiyāl), by Shir-`Ali Khān Ludi, edited and annotated by Hamid Hassani (co-editor: Behruz Safarzadeh), Tehran, Rowzaneh, xxi + 370 pp;
- 1992: Published Poetry of Nimā-Yooshij (a research on poetic meters and forms of Nimā-Yooshij) (in Persian: Musiqi-e She`r-e Nimā (tahqiq-i dar owzān va qāleb-hā-ye she`ri-e Nimā-Yushij), Tehran: Ketāb-e Zamān 272 pp.
B. Papers in Persian:
- 1991–present: Published more than 70 papers in Persian on Persian, Arabic, and Kurdish language and literature.
C. International lectures in Persian and English:
- 2006: “The One-Million-Word Corpus of Today Persian” (in Persian: “Peykare-ye Yek-Miliyon-Loghati-e Fārsi-e Emruz”, Tajikistan, Dushanbe, Institute of Oriental Studies and Written Heritage of the Academy of Sciences, 5th International Congress of Persian and Tajik Scholars, March 2006;
- 1997: “Poetry of Nima-Yooshij, Free Verse or Blank Verse?” (English), Norway, University of Oslo (Blindern), September 1997;
- 1997: “Persian Prosody and Necessity of Professional Studies” (in Persian: “'Aruz-e Fārsi va Zarurat-e Tahqiq-e Takhassosi dar An” (Persian), Norway, Oslo, Kloden, September 1997.
Works to be prepared/ to be published
- The Persian Word Bank ( بانک زبان فارسی ): a one-hundred-million-word corpus, with part-of-speech tagging, and A Frequency Dictionary of Persian, under preparation.
- The Dari (East Persian) Corpus: a one-million-word corpus, with part-of-speech tagging, to be prepared.
- The Tajik Language Corpus: a one-million-word corpus, with part-of-speech tagging, to be prepared.
- The Sorani Kurdish Corpus: a one-million-word corpus, with part-of-speech tagging, to be prepared.