||This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (July 2010)
Hamid Motebassem (Persian: حمید متبسم) (b. 1958 Mashhad) is a classical Persian musician and tar and setar player.
His first teacher was his father. Later he started to study with musicians like Mohammad Reza Lotfi, Hossein Alizadeh and Hushang Zarif. In 1991 Motebassem founded Dastan ensemble  which is one of the outstanding ensembles of contemporary Persian music.
- Simorq (based on Ferdowsi's Shahnameh) for voice, choire and orchestre of Persian instruments 
- Zemzeme-haa [Whispers], for voice and Persian instruments 
- Darya, for traditional Persian instruments.
- ^ www.dastan.net
- ^ Seemorgh Project website
- ^ New female-hope for Persian classical music