Hamilton (NJT station)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009)|
|Address||600 Sloan Avenue
Hamilton, NJ 08619
|Connections||NJT Bus: 606 and 608|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Parking||2066 space garage, 750 space surface overflow lot|
|Bicycle facilities||Bike Lockers|
|Owned by||New Jersey Transit|
|Passengers (2012)||5,019 (average weekday)|
Hamilton is a New Jersey Transit station on the Northeast Corridor Line, in Hamilton Township, Mercer County, New Jersey, United States. Also at this station is the NJ Transit Hamilton Township bus garage. The station is at 600 Sloan Avenue, Hamilton, NJ 08619-2103, right off Exit 65 of Interstate 295.
Hamilton Transit Center opened February 16, 1999 as an intermodal complex off the aforementioned I-295. It is next to a former American Standard factory that was recently redeveloped into an office building.
Local trains take 1-1/2 hours to cover the 54.4 miles from Hamilton to New York Penn Station. Peak express trains make the trip in about an hour, while off peak express trains take an hour and fifteen minutes.
- "QUARTERLY RIDERSHIP TRENDS ANALYSIS". New Jersey Transit. December 27, 2012. Archived from the original on December 27, 2012. Retrieved December 27, 2012.
- Peterson, Iver (April 18, 1992). "Trenton Sees Proposed Train Station Stealing Its Business". The New York Times (New York, New York: TimeWarner). Retrieved 6 December 2009.
Media related to Hamilton (NJT station) at Wikimedia Commons
- NJT rail station information page for Hamilton
- DepartureVision real time train information for Hamilton
- NJT Northeast Corridor Line schedule
|This New Jersey train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|