Hamilton County Schools
|Hamilton County Schools|
|Type and location|
|Location||Hamilton County, Tennessee|
|Superintendent||Dr. Jim Scales|
|Students and staff|
The Department of Education serves about 42,000 students in Hamilton County using 6,500 employees at 78 schools.
The Secondary Education Division provides 17 high schools to serve students in grades 9–12.
- Brainerd 
- Central 
- CSAS (6–12)
- East Ridge 
- Hixson 
- Howard School 
- Ivy Academy 
- Ooltewah 
- Red Bank 
- Sequoyah 
- Soddy Daisy 
- Tyner Academy 
- Chattanooga School for the Arts and Sciences (K-12) CSAS
- Chattanooga School for the Liberal Arts (K-8) CSLA
- Center for Creative Arts (6–12) CCA
- East Hamilton Middle/High School (6–12) East Hamilton
- Lookout Valley Middle/High School (6–12) Lookout Valley
- Sale Creek Middle/High School (6–12) Sale Creek
- Signal Mountain Middle/High School (6–12) Signal Mountain
Students in grades 6–8 are served by 21 middle schools.
Dalewood Middle School is a middle school located in Chattanooga educates students in 6 – 8th grade. As of 2006. The school principal is Ms. Linda Darden. The school mascot and team name is the Blue Knights. Approximately 500 students enroll each year. Notable alumni of Dalewood Middle School include Usher Raymond, R&B musician and actor, known professionally as "Usher".
There are 46 Elementary schools serving students in grades K-5.
The system provides four schools to serve special needs students, students at risk, high achievement students, and students with behavioral problems.
- Dawn School
- Hamilton County High School
- Middle College High School
- Washington Alternative School