Hamilton Park, Jersey City
Hamilton Park Historic District
View to the gazebo
|Location||Roughly bounded by Brunswick, Grove, 6th, and 9th Streets, Jersey City, New Jersey|
|Area||42 acres (17 ha)|
|Architectural style||Late Victorian|
|NRHP Reference #||79001493|
|Added to NRHP||January 25, 1979|
|Designated NJRHP||April 27, 1978|
Hamilton Park is a neighborhood in Historic Downtown in Jersey City, Hudson County, New Jersey, United States, centered around a park with the same name. Hamilton Park is located west of Newport, north of Harsimus Cove, north and east of The Village and south of Boyle Plaza. The Victorian age park is located between Eighth Street and Ninth Street and Hamilton Place on the west and McWilliams Place on the East. Like the Van Vorst Park neighborhood to the south, this quiet park is surrounded by nineteenth century brownstones. The park underwent renovations completed in 2010.
- Harsimus Stem Embankment
- The Horseshoe
- The Lembeck and Betz Eagle Brewing Company
- List of neighborhoods in Jersey City, New Jersey
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Hudson County, New Jersey
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2009-03-13.
- "New Jersey and National Registers of Historic Places - Hudson County". New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection - Historic Preservation Office. April 1, 2010. p. 7. Retrieved October 18, 2010.
- Hamilton Park Neighborhood and Historic District
- Pope-Chappell, Maya (September 16, 2011). "Jersey City's Hamilton Park Lifts Appeal". The Wall Street Journal.
|This article about a property in New Jersey on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|