Hamilton Township, Delaware County, Indiana
A former school, now a house, in the township
Location of Hamilton Township in Delaware County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Township Trustee||Ralph Flowers|
|• Total||29.78 sq mi (77.1 km2)|
|• Land||29.7 sq mi (77 km2)|
|• Water||0.07 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||896 ft (273 m)|
|• Density||242.6/sq mi (93.7/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453364|
Hamilton Township Volunteer Fire Department is currently the only working fire department in the township. There are 30+ firefighters that work all for the same cause that is to preserve life and property in the township. The department currently operates 9 trucks ranging from medical and utility trucks all the way to specialized pumpers and tankers.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 29.78 square miles (77.1 km2), of which 29.7 square miles (77 km2) (or 99.73%) is land and 0.07 square miles (0.18 km2) (or 0.24%) is water.
Cities and towns
- Muncie (north edge)
- Union Township (north)
- Niles Township (northeast)
- Delaware Township (east)
- Liberty Township (southeast)
- Center Township (south)
- Harrison Township (west)
- Washington Township (northwest)
The township contains two cemeteries: Cullen and Gardens of Memory.
- "Hamilton Township, Delaware County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - State -- County Subdivision -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.