Hamilton Township Schools
|Hamilton Township Schools|
|Business Administrator:||Dan Smith|
|Address:||1876 Dr. Dennis Foreman Drive
Mays Landing, NJ 08330
|Enrollment:||3,305 (as of 2010-11)|
|Faculty (in FTEs):||247.0|
|District Factor Group:||CD|
| %± vs.
|10||Operations & Maintenance||1,449||39||1,539||-5.8%|
|16||Median Teacher Salary||49,808||1||60,112|
|Data from NJDoE 2013 Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending.
*Of K-8 districts with more than 750 students. Lowest spending=1; Highest=88
The Hamilton Township Schools are a comprehensive community public school district, serving students in pre-kindergarten through eighth grade from Hamilton Township, in Atlantic County, New Jersey, United States.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "CD", the sixth highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
Public school students in grades 9 - 12 attend Oakcrest High School, located in Hamilton Township, which serves students from Hamilton Township, Mullica Township, the City of Port Republic and Washington Township. The high school is part of the Greater Egg Harbor Regional High School District, a regional high school district serving students from the constituent districts of Egg Harbor City, Galloway Township, Hamilton Township and Mullica Township, together with students from the City of Port Republic and Washington Township (in Burlington County), who attend as part of sending/receiving relationships with their respective school districts.
Awards, recognition and rankings
For the 1998-99 school year, the George L. Hess Educational Complex was recognized with the Blue Ribbon Award from the United States Department of Education, the highest honor that an American school can achieve.
- Elementary schools
- Joseph C. Shaner Memorial School with 755 students in PreK to 1st grade
- Russell Clark, Principal
- George L. Hess Educational Complex with 1,458 in grades PreK and 2 - 5
- Middle school
- William Davies Middle School with 994 students in grades 6 - 8
- Michelle Cappelluti, Superintendent
- Dan Smith, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
- District information for the Hamilton Township School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed April 16, 2013.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed October 27, 2009.
- Oakcrest High School 2011 Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 16, 2013. "Oakcrest is a comprehensive high school located in Mays Landing that provides a secondary school education to four sending districts including Greenbank, Hamilton Township, Mullica Township, and Port Republic."
- Greater Egg Harbor Regional School District 2011 Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 16, 2013. "The Greater Egg Harbor Regional High School District serves the communities of Galloway Township, Hamilton Township, Egg Harbor City, Mullica Township and participates in receiving relationships with Port Republic and Washington Township. "
- Blue Ribbon Schools Program: Schools Recognized 1982-1983 through 1999-2002 (PDF), United States Department of Education. Accessed May 11, 2006.
- Star School Award recipient detail, New Jersey Department of Education, Archived December 18, 2006. Accessed November 25, 2009.
- Data for the Hamilton Township Schools, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed April 16, 2013.
- New Jersey School Directory for the Hamilton Township Schools, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 16, 2013.
- A message from the Principal, Joseph C. Shaner Elementary School. Accessed March 23, 2011.
- Hess School Administration, George L. Hess Educational Complex. Accessed March 23, 2011.
- Davies Administrators, William Davies Middle School. Accessed March 23, 2011.
- Central Office Administration, Hamilton Township Schools. Accessed March 23, 2011.
- New Jersey School Directory, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 16, 2013.
- Hamilton Township Schools
- Hamilton Township Schools's 2012–13 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Data for the Hamilton Township Schools, National Center for Education Statistics
- Oakcrest High School website
- Greater Egg Harbor Regional High School District