From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Not to be confused with Amish, an Anabaptist Christian denomination.
|Word/name||Seumas (voc. Sheumais)|
Hamish is a masculine given name in English. It is the Anglicised form of the vocative case of the Scottish Gaelic Seumas: Sheumais. The Scottish Gaelic Seumas is the equivalent to the English James.
List of people with the given name
- Hamish Blake (born 1981), Australian comedian and radio presenter
- Hamish Bowles (born 1963), European Editor-at-Large for Vogue
- Hamish Brown, writer, lecturer and photographer specialising in mountain and outdoor topics
- Hamish Carter (born 1971), Olympic gold medalist
- Hamish Clark, Scottish actor, famous for playing the part of Duncan McKay in the BBC TV series Monarch of the Glen
- Major Sir Hamish Forbes, 7th Baronet (1916–2007), British Army officer
- Hamish Glencross (born 1978), heavy metal guitarist for the band My Dying Bride
- Hamish Hamilton, British book publishing house and alternative name of its founder, Jamie Hamilton
- Hamish Imlach (born 1940), Scottish folk singer
- Hamish Linklater, American actor, known for role on The New Adventures of Old Christine
- Hamish MacCunn (1868–1916), Scottish composer, conductor and music teacher
- Hamish Marshall (born 1979), New Zealand cricketer
- Hamish McAlpine (born 1948), Scottish footballer
- Hamish McDonald, Australian broadcast journalist for Al Jazeera English
- Hamish McHamish, famous "cat about town" in St Andrews, Scotland. Died September 2014 at the age of 15. Has a bronze statue in the town of St Andrews to commemorate his awesome presence. Statue was created by noted sculptor David Annand. Hamish was a beautiful "ginger cat".
- Hamish McKay, New Zealand television presenter
- Hamish Milne, British pianist
- Hamish Moore, Scottish maker, musician and teacher of Scottish Bagpipes, especially the Scottish Smallpipes
- Hamish Peacock Australian athlete
- Hamish Pepper New Zealand sailor
- Hamish Rosser, drummer of Australian band, the Vines
- Hamish Rutherford (born 1989), New Zealand cricketer
- Hamish Stuart (born 1949), lead singer of Average White Band
- Hamish Wilson, a Scottish actor from Glasgow
- Hamish Borthwick, a scottish citizen who changed his name from Tim as he felt it was too "unscottish"
List of fictional characters with the given name
- Hamish Alexander, a character in the Honorverse novels by David Weber
- Hamish Campbell, a friend and lieutenant of William Wallace in the 1995 film Braveheart, played by Brendan Gleeson
- Hamish MacLeod, a character in the Ian Rutledge novels by Caroline and Charles Todd
- Hamish and Dougal, comedy characters from Radio 4 series I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue
- Hamish Macbeth, detective in series of novels and television adaptation starring Robert Carlyle as the eponymous hero
- Hamish MacPherson, fictional character from the Baby Blues comic strip and TV series
- Hot Shot Hamish and Mighty Mouse, two former popular British football-themed comic strips
- In Foundation's Edge by Isaac Asimov, the Hamish are the agrarian natives of the planet Trantor after the fall of the Galactic Empire
- Hamish Osborne, a daemon in the Discovery of Witches series by Deborah Harkness
- John Hamish Watson, a character known as Sherlock Holmes's closest companion in Conan Doyle's classic detective series.
- Hamish, a character in the Nickelodeon TV show Mr. Meaty.
- Hamish Bond, fictional character in film and book Band of Angels
- Hamish Sewell-Allen, a mythical, snowy coloured beast from the highlands of Scotland
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|