Hamish Hamilton (director)
8 April 1966 |
|Known for||Music video and television director|
|Awards||British Academy Television Craft Awards (2013)|
Hamish Hamilton (born Mark Hamilton, 8 April 1966 in Blackpool, UK) is a Grammy and BAFTA Award nominated British director, who is best known for directing concert videos and award shows. His career began at BBC Scotland, where he was trained as a producer and director. His early work included a stint directing the acclaimed BBC travel series Rough Guide To The World. Whilst at BBC Manchester he began directing studio based entertainment shows including The Sunday Show. The innovative directing style caught the attention of MTV in London and Hamilton was poached to direct a series of entertainment based shows and concerts for the Viacom Network. Hamilton is also a partner in global televised live event production company, Done & Dusted.
In February 2010, after 15 years directing prominent multi camera based television and DVD projects he directed the 82nd Annual Academy Awards. and the Super Bowl halftime show. He has directed several concert DVDs for U2, Robbie Williams, Britney Spears, The Rolling Stones, Justin Timberlake, Madonna, Jennifer Lopez, Bryan Adams, Avril Lavigne, Mötley Crüe, and Phil Collins. His award show credits include the MTV Video Music Awards, MTV Europe Music Awards, and Victoria's Secret Fashion Shows between 2003 and 2012.
2013 has been an incredible year for Hamilton. From directing Beyonce in the Super Bowl Half-Time show, to the Rolling Stones at Glastonbury, to directing one of the most talked about VMAs in history, Hamilton's projects have been seen by millions globally.
He was also awarded the BAFTA Special Award at the British Academy Television Craft Awards on 28 April 2013. Hamilton won a second BAFTA for Multi-Camera Directing the London Olympic Opening Ceremonies, and was nominated for an Emmy.
To date, Hamilton has worked on every continent, has been credited on over 30 million DVDs and has worked with every major performer in the World. The 47-year old currently lives in London Town and various hotels around the World.
- Spice Girls – In Concert! (2000)
- Madonna – Drowned World Tour 2001 (2001)
- U2 – U2 Go Home: Live from Slane Castle, Ireland (2003)
- Jay-Z – In Concert (2003)
- Robbie Williams – Live at Knebworth / What We Did Last Summer (2003)
- Peter Gabriel -- Growing Up Live (2003)
- Madonna – Re-Invention World Tour: Get Up Lisbon! (2004) (un-broadcast)
- Britney Spears - Britney Spears Live from Miami (2004)
- Eminem – Live from New York City (2005)
- U2 – Vertigo 05: Live from Milan (2006)
- The Rollling Stones – The Biggest Bang (2007)
- Christina Aguilera – Back to Basics: Live and Down Under (2008)
- Josh Groban – Awake Live (2008)
- Neil Diamond – Hot August Night/NYC: Live from Madison Square Garden (2009)
- The Who – Super Bowl XLIV halftime show (2010)
- U2 – Elevation Live from Boston (2001)
- Madonna – Super Bowl XLVI halftime show (2012)
- London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games - Opening and Closing Ceremonies (2012)
- Beyoncé – Super Bowl XLVII halftime show (2013)
- "Hamish Hamilton: Special Award Recipient in 2013". BAFTA. 20 March 2013. Retrieved 25 March 2013.
- Hamish Hamilton at the Internet Movie Database
- Awards for Hamish Hamilton at the Internet Movie Database
- "Oscar hires a fresh face". Los Angeles Times.
- "Oscars Pick Director, Unveil Documentary Shortlist". ABC News.
- "Television Craft - Special Award in 2013". BAFTA. 29 April 2013. Retrieved 1 May 2013.