List of hamlets in Saskatchewan
In Saskatchewan, a hamlet is an unincorporated community with at least five occupied dwellings situated on separate lots and at least 10 separate lots, the majority of which are an average size of less than one acre. The people in a hamlet may apply for organized hamlet status within the rural municipality in which the hamlet is located.
Saskatchewan has 11 northern hamlets, which are incorporated municipalities within northern Saskatchewan, and 151 organized hamlets, which are established via ministerial order and under the jurisdiction of rural municipalities within southern Saskatchewan. The province also recognizes 20 other hamlets that are not designated as northern or organized hamlets.
|St. George's Hill||—||100||19||426.3||1.46||68.7|
|Total northern hamlets||1,193||1,157||3.1||46.67||25.6|
- List of cities in Saskatchewan
- List of communities in Saskatchewan
- List of ghost towns in Saskatchewan
- List of Indian reserves in Saskatchewan
- List of resort villages in Saskatchewan
- List of rural municipalities in Saskatchewan
- List of towns in Saskatchewan
- List of villages in Saskatchewan
- "The Municipalities Act". Government of Saskatchewan. Retrieved December 19, 2012.
- "Search for Municipal Information". Saskatchewan Ministry of Municipal Affairs. Retrieved December 12, 2012.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2011 and 2006 censuses (Saskatchewan)". Statistics Canada. May 28, 2012. Retrieved December 15, 2012.
|This Saskatchewan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|