From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Han may refer to:
- China (漢), an abbreviation or adjectival modifier for things Chinese
- Han Chinese (漢族 Hanzu, 漢人 Hanren), the dominant majority ethnic group of China and overseas Chinese
- Chinese language (漢語 Hanyu) or Chinese characters (漢字 Hanzi) or Chinese written language (漢文 Hanwen)
- Han Dynasty (漢朝 Hanchao, 202 BC – 220 AD), also known as Han China, a Chinese dynasty
- Han (state) (韓國 Hanguo), one of seven powerful kingdoms during the Chinese Warring States Period
- Han (Western Zhou state) (韓國 Hanguo), a minor state that existed during the Spring and Autumn Period
- Han Zhao (漢趙, 304–329), one of the Chinese Sixteen Kingdoms, founded by the Liu family
- Cheng Han (成漢, 304–347), another of the Sixteen Kingdoms, founded by the Li family
- Former Shu later called Han (漢 Han, from 917), a kingdom during the Chinese Period of Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms
- Southern Han (南漢 Nanhan, 917–971, but called Great Yue until 918 or 919), a kingdom during the Chinese Period of Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms
- Northern Han (北漢 Beihan, 951–979), a kingdom during the Chinese Period of Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms
- Later Han Dynasty (Five Dynasties) (947–950 CE), in the Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms Period
- Han class submarine, or Type 091 submarine, the first nuclear powered submarine class (SSN) deployed by the People's Liberation Army Navy
- Khan (title), or Han in Chinese transliteration, originally Central Asian title for a sovereign or military ruler
- Han (surname), also Haan, Hahn or Hann, the Romanized spelling of many Chinese family names: 韓(韩), 邗, 罕, 寒, 憨, 漢, etc.
- Korea, an abbreviation for "Hanguk" (한국, 韓國), the Korean language name for Korea
- an archaic Korean root meaning "great" or "leader"; transliterated into hanja as 韓, 幹, or 刊; see Names of Korea
- Samhan, three confederacies of chiefdoms on the southern Korean peninsula in the Proto-Three Han Kingdoms Period
- Han (Korean name), a Korean surname (한, 韓 or 漢), also romanized as "Hahn"
- Han (cultural), a Korean cultural concept of lament
- Korean language (한국어 Hangug-eo) or Hangul (한글 Hangeul)
- Han (administrative division) (藩), a term for feudal clan or fief in Japan
- Han, a wooden board hanging throughout a temple complex in a Zen monastery to alert monks of mealtime when out of range of the umpan
- Han characters
- Han school, an educational establishment during the Edo period
- HAN, the International Air Transport Association code for Noi Bai International Airport serving Hanoi
- Hán, Classical Chinese. Used in "Han-Viet" (Sino-Vietnamese) and Han-Nom (traditional characters). This term was also used to differentiate Vietnamese who were influenced by the Chinese from non-Chinese influenced cultures. (see Hua–Yi distinction)
- Han (North American people), a Canadian First Nation
- Hän language, an endangered Native American language spoken by the Hän people
- Han-sur-Lesse, Rochefort, Belgium
- Han, Turkey
- Huns, most notably Attila the Hun
- Han (trilobite)
- Han unification (Chinese character glyph unification) in Unicode
- Alternative spelling of title Khan (title), notably in Turkic languages
- Han, the Turkish word for a caravanserai
- Han (The West Wing), an episode of The West Wing, named for the Korean cultural concept (see above)
- Hogeschool van Arnhem en Nijmegen, or HAN
- Home Area Network, the set of emerging technologies allowing homeowners to easily manage household energy use; the term is particularly used with reference to technologies interfacing with a smart grid
- Hydroxylammonium nitrate, a rocket fuel oxidizer and monopropellant
- Han River (disambiguation)
- Hahn (disambiguation)
- Hans (disambiguation)
- All pages beginning with "Han"
- All pages with titles containing "Han"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.