Han Chiang College
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)|
|Han Chiang College
Bīnchéng Hánjiāng Xuéyuàn
|Established||1999, recognised in 2000|
|President||Dr Wong Yoon Yah|
|Undergraduates||approximately 900 (2010)|
|Location||George Town, Penang, Malaysia|
|Colors||Blue and Yellow|
Han Chiang College (槟城韩江学院) is a private college located in Penang, Malaysia. Established in July 1999, Han Chiang College (HCC) is a not-for-profit institution of higher learning. It is a Han Chiang School. Han Chiang College is a LCCI Registered Training Centres (RTC) in Malaysia.
The college collabroate with University of Wolverhampton, UK, Teesside University, UK and University of Southern Queensland, Australia to offer 3+0 degree programmes. The degree programmes are BA (Hons) Business Management from the University of Wolverhampton, BA (Hons) Creative Digital Media from the Teesside University and Bachelor of Communication from the University of Southern Queensland.
Students with STPM or A-Level or equivalent qualification can gain entry into the first year of study and complete the degree programme in three years at HCC. Those with SPM or O-Level need to complete a one-year Foundation at HCC before entering the degree programmes.
Two-and-a-half year diploma programmes include Accounting, Broadcast Journalism, Business Management, Chinese Studies, Information Technology, Logistics Management, Mass Communication, Multimedia Communication Design and Networking Technology.
Students pursuing HCC’s diploma will undergo a 10-week internship where they are attached to organisations related to their fields of study.
Classroom teaching is complemented with hands-on exposure where students undertake projects for corporate clients. Facilities include HCTV Studio, HCTV and News Centre, HCC Audio Studio, Creative Studio, computer and multimedia labs, editing suites and editorial rooms.
Rankings and awards
Han Chiang College was awarded 4-star (Very good) rating for the overall college-based category in MyQUEST 2010/2011.
- "LCCI Registered Training Centres (RTC) - Malaysia". London Chamber of Commerce & Industry. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- "Programmes". Han Chiang College. Retrieved 15 May 2013.
- "MyQUEST 2010/2011". Ministry of Higher Education(MOHE). Retrieved 23 May 2013.
- Official Han Chiang College Website
- Official Han Chiang TV News Network Website
- University of Wolverhampton (Partner Institution)
- Teesside University (Partner Institution)
- University of Southern Queensland (Partner Institution)
- South Essex College (Partner Institution)
- City & Guilds (Partner Institution)