Han was born in 1930 in Hangzhou, and his homrtown is Xiaoshan of Zhejiang Province. Han obtained BEng from the Department of Electrical Engineering of Zhejiang University in Hangzhou in 1951. Han further studied in Moscow, USSR, and obtained his doctorate (Russian: Кандидат наук) from the Moscow Power Engineering Institute in 1961.
Han was a professor of electrical engineering at Zhejiang University. From February 1984 to February 1988, Han was the President of Zhejiang University. Han was elected Academician of the Chinese Academy of Sciences in 1999.
Han was the 3rd and 4th President (理事会理事长) of the Chinese Society for Electrical Engineering (CSEE, 中国电机工程学会). He currently is an honorary member of the society.
Han is a key pioneer of the large-scaled electrical networks in China. Han mainly worked on the fault diagnosis of power systems, the control and stability of electrical power systems, the optimal design of electrical power networks.
Han is also one of the first in China to combine the computer artificial intelligence with electrical power networks, and developed several computer software which were widely used in China in controlling and estimating electrical power systems.
- Zhejiang University: President: Han Zhenxiang (1930-)
- Chinese Society for Electrical Engineering: List of Honorary Members of the CSEE
- China Vitae : Biography of Han Zhenxiang
- Baidu.com Chinese Encyclopedia: the biography of Han Zhenxiang
- Hangzhou Sci & Tech: the profile of Han Zhenxiang
- Hudong.com Encyclopedia: introduction of Han Zhenxiang
- Chinese Society for Electrical Engineering homepage (Chinese) (English)
|President of Zhejiang University
1984 – 1988