|Look up Handball, hand ball, handball, or handballing in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Handball is a generic term for a sport that is often confused between 2 very different sports: (1) American handball/Gaelic handball which is a racquet-less sport similar to racquetball, and (2) Team Handball in which two teams try to throw a ball into each other's goal.
Handball generically may refer to any of these:
- American handball, a racquet-less sport similar to racquetball
- Gaelic handball, a racquet-less sport similar to squash
- Chinese handball, a variant of American handball popular in New York City during the 1960s and 70s
- Australian handball
- Specific forms of Team handball:
- Frisian handball
- Handball (children's game) or Four square, a game played on four squares
- Handball (school), a game prominently played in schools in Australia, New Zealand and Fiji at recess
- Handball (Australian rules football), a legal method of disposing of the ball and an alternative to a footpass
- Handball (association football), unpermitted use of arms or hands
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.