|Designer(s)||Donald J. Handel, Robert Trogman|
|Re-issuing foundries||Bitstream, Elsner+Flake, Linotype, Tilde SIA, URW, ITC|
Handel Gothic is a geometric sans-serif typeface.
The typeface was designed in the mid-1960s by Donald J. Handel (1936-2002), who worked for the famous designer Saul Bass. It was used in the 1973 United Airlines logo developed by Bass.
Handel Gothic was an instant success when first released. The typeface was originally distributed in film format by PhotoStar and was reissued in the 1980s by Robert Trogman.
It was a popular font in the 1980s due to its futuristic design, and even today is used to signify the future.
The Bitstream version uses a curved leg on uppercase R (like that of Helvetica), a horizontal tail on the uppercase Q, a curved lower leg on the lowercase k, and a trident-like lowercase w.
Handel Gothic Cyrillic
It is a version by Tilde SIA with Cyrillic support. The family includes 1 font.
ITC Handel Gothic (2008)
The original release includes 5 fonts in 5 weights. OpenType features include fractions, ligatures, ordinals, stylistic alternates and subscript/superscript. Italic versions of the fonts were introduced with release of ITC Handel Gothic Pro.
ITC Handel Gothic Pro (2010)
It is a version of ITC Handel Gothic with complementary italic designs, support of Adobe Central Europe character set, addition of ligatures and alternate characters.
Additional OpenType features include localized forms, stylistic set 1.
- Halo 3
- Disney/Pixar's film Wall-E
- Megaman X: Command Mission
- Mass Effect logo
- Quake Live
- Perfect Dark
- Bread of Life Ministries' logo from 2002 to present
- Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters logo
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine titles
- Star Trek: Voyager titles
- Deus Ex
- The Price Is Right credits (1972-1981)
- Knight Rider (1982 TV series) beginning titles
- Sesame Street Friday credits (1984–1992)
- FOX Sports graphics between 1998 and 2002
- PHP logo 
- Volvo 740 (84-91) Cluster Font
- TV Patrol logo from 2001–present
- National CineMedia "FirstLook" movie preshow
- ZDF logo since 2001
- Metro TV Indonesia
- Toyota Cluster Font
- Virtua Fighter 2
Corporate identity uses
- United Airlines - In 1973 Saul Bass developed the United logo that featured a customized red and blue "Double U" logo and underneath Handel Gothic logotype.
- Pepsi - Used from 1987-2003.
- Arkon Technologies - Handel Gothic Light 
- Squalius: Belgian Software Company
- Enprecis: Automotive intelligence company
- Viacom - Used from 2006–present.
- Malaysia Airlines - Used from 2012–present
- Various entities associated with Mission Viejo, California
- Donald Young. Fonts & Logos, DelphiPress. ISBN 978-0-9673316-0-7/ ISBN 978-0-9673316-0-7
- ITC Handel Gothic Pro
- "Download Logos". PHP. Retrieved 2013-08-15.
- "Brand Identity - Arkon". Scribd.com. 2007-07-29. Retrieved 2013-08-15.