HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management
|HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management|
|Chancellor||Dr. Axel Baisch|
|Dean||Prof. Dr. Andreas Pinkwart|
|Postgraduates||513 (WS 2013/14)|
|Location||Leipzig, Saxony, Germany|
HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management, formerly known as Handelshochschule Leipzig, is a private business school in the German state of Saxony. Established in 1898, it is one of the world's oldest business schools. The school is accredited internationally by AACSB and locally by ACQUIN. The school is authorized to award doctoral and postdoctoral degrees.
- 1 History
- 2 Ranking
- 3 Study Programs
- 4 Partner Universities
- 5 Honorary doctors and professors
- 6 Professors and alumni
- 7 Literature
- 8 References
- 9 External links
The school was founded in 1898 upon an initiative by the Leipzig Chamber of Commerce. In 1946, it was integrated into Leipzig University and regained partial independence in 1969. After the Fall of the Iron Curtain, the school was re-founded under private management in 1992, again, through an initiative of the Leipzig Chamber of Commerce.
- #11 worldwide in Global Masters in Management Ranking 2014 by Financial Times
- #6 for career progress worldwide in Executive MBA Ranking 2014 by Financial Times
- #32 in Europe and among the top 3 business schools in Germany in European Business School Rankings 2014 by Financial Times
- among the top MBA programs in the world among top 3 business schools in Germany in MBA Rankings 2015 by América Economía
- listed in the international ranking “Executive MBA” of The Economist in 2015
Master in Business Administration
- 15-21-month full-time program
- 24-month part-time program
Master in Management, M.Sc.
- 18-month full-time program
- 24-month part-time program
Global Executive MBA
- jointly run by HHL Leipzig and EADA Business School
- 21-month program with 2 or 3 residential weeks at business schools in Germany, Spain, Brazil, China and India
Euro*MBA (Distance Learning)
- 24-month program with six residential weeks
- ranked Top 4 by The Economist rating WhichMBA? Guide February 2010
The doctoral program is for candidates who hold a secondary university degree. Within three years, the candidate participates in lectures, courses, a research colloquium and conferences. After successfully completing all requirements and acceptance of the doctoral thesis, the candidate is awarded the degree Dr. rer.oec.
The school maintains a network of more than 120 partner universities worldwide.
- Booth School of Business, University of Chicago
- Tuck School of Business, Dartmouth College
- Goizueta Business School, Emory University
- Baruch College, City University of New York
- Freeman School of Business, Tulane University
- Warrington College of Business, University of Florida
- Escuela Superior de Administración y Dirección de Empresas (ESADE)
- EADA Business School
- Indian Institute of Management Udaipur
- Norwegian School of Management
- Guanghua School of Management, Beijing University
- Lingnan (University) College, Sun Yat-sen University
Honorary doctors and professors
- Heribert Meffert
- Michael Spence
- Wendelin Wiedeking
- Michael E. Porter
- Philip Kotler
- Thomas Middelhoff
- Kurt Biedenkopf
- Bernhard Walter
- Burkhard Schwenker
- Hans Werner Sinn
- Gerhard Casper
- Jürgen F. Strube
Professors and alumni
- Karl von der Aa
- Abraham Adler
- Hermann Großmann
- Balduin Penndorf
- Eugen Schmalenbach
- Rudolf Seyffert
- Franz Koch
100 Jahre Handelshochschule Leipzig 1898−1998. Festschrift anlässlich des 100-jährigen Gründungsjubiläums der Handelshochschule Leipzig am 25. April 1998; Published by: Handelshochschule Leipzig.
- "HHL Leipzig Graduate School of management Rankings". http://rankings.ft.com.
- "HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management". http://www.mastersportal.eu.
- "HHL, Leipzig Graduate School of management ESCP Europe". http://www.escpeurope.eu.
- "HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management". http://www.topmba.com.
- Kaplan, Andreas (2014) European management and European business schools: Insights from the history of business schools, European Management Journal doi:10.1016/j.emj.2014.03.006
- "HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management - Masters in management". https://www.mim-compass.com.
- "HHL Leipzig Graduate School of management". http://www.masterstudies.com.
- Webseite Leipzig Graduate School of Management
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Handelshochschule Leipzig.|